Hi,

I have done lots of reading on the forum, some really great posts here, and I still cannot decide on which phone to upgrade to.

I would like some advice or a virtual push on which way to go.... .

I am on a Bold 9900 still and I don't use may apps.... I basically use my phone to text, call, BBM, email, and search the web for either an address - if i am not in the car - and occasionally log in to a few forums or to do some odd banking. The sad thing is that I know that I will most likely start using more apps and getting in to the 21st century once I have a new phone.

One thing that drove me nuts on the 9900 is that you could only send one picture or file in an email. Has this changed on either new BB?

Do the classic and passport have to always have the GEO Location on? I hate "big brother" knowing where I am at all times. One of the reasons why I tell the wifey to leave her S4 at home when we go places...lol.

I've also heard that the newer phones do not compress data the way the old ones do and I only have 2GB of data each month, so I am a little worried about going over my data plan. Can you still set up mobile hot spots on the new BBs? I do this sometimes on my phone for work when at client's sites.

I love the look of the passport, haven't held one yet, and I know that I will be very comfortable with the classic because of the size of the phone and it having the same keyboard as the 9900.

thanks in advance......
    01-11-15 10:23 AM
    Do the classic and passport have to always have the GEO Location on? I hate "big brother" knowing where I am at all times. One of the reasons why I tell the wifey to leave her S4 at home when we go places...lol.
    You can always turn OFF Location Services.

Can you still set up mobile hot spots on the new BBs?
    Yes, you can.

I love the look of the passport, haven't held one yet, and I know that I will be very comfortable with the classic because of the size of the phone and it having the same keyboard as the 9900.
    Go with the Passport. It's fast, fluid, and powerful. Has a beautiful display. Huge battery life. The keyboard doesn't take that much getting used to.
    01-11-15 11:37 AM