I have Sprint and i would like to have the classic but sprint doesn't offer it. will it be possible to unlock the cdma from a verzion classic and use it on sprint?
    03-29-15 10:04 AM
    No, sadly. Sprint and Verizon won't allow the others' phones on their network.4
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-29-15 at 10:52 AM.
    03-29-15 10:40 AM
    Yesterday, I first talked to a Verizon rep. who said NONE of their CDMA 4G phones w/ SIM card support are 'locked'. I was asking specifically about the Classic, which I also want to activate on the Sprint network. Then I called Sprint and spoke with one of their tech support people who at least didn't tell me it would NOT work. Rather they said it had a chance but you couldn't be sure without trying it. Sooo, I'm getting ready to gamble and buy a Verizon BB Classic on eBay and try to get it going on Sprint.

Hasn't ANYBODY else ever done this? (I hate to be the first...!) Thanks for any input.... -Larry
    02-25-16 06:19 PM
    Not specifically with a Classic, but yes, a Verizon phone will work on AT&T and presumably Sprint. You just won't be able to take advantage of the LTE or HSPA data speeds. And the rep was correct in saying Verizon phones are unlocked (I have, among others, a Verizon Classic). It's the AT&T and Sprint phones, etc. that will not work on Verizon at all. Hope this helps... I've no experience with Sprint so in this case, I'd simply let your conscious be your guide.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-25-16 06:30 PM
    Sprint will not allow other devices. The LTE portion of all Verizon devices are unlocked, but their variant doesn't have Sprint's LTE bands and won't support their CDMA network.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 09:01 PM