I know this is talked about a lot, but I've searched and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Maybe I suck at search. My question is, has anyone loaded the html5 version of gmail/gcal/goffice from the chrome web store onto their passport, or BBRY 10 device, and if so, can you please tell me about your experience? Thank you!
    10-09-14 11:15 AM
    So, I'm not on the Passport, but I am on an "official" version of 10.3 on my Z30. If I visit m.google.com I get options for "mobile" versions of Google Search, YouTube, Google+, and Gmail (which includes Gcal). Nothing for Google Docs, unfortunately.

The Gmail web app is actually pretty good, but I wouldn't use it over the Hub.
    This sounds actually interesting!
    I have not done it myself and don't believe anyone has done that yet... Maybe there are other hurdles to overcome.
    10-09-14 11:19 AM
    Working on getting you an answer to this!
    10-09-14 01:41 PM
  5. mycompanyforcesustousebberry's Avatar
    Thank you both! Very interested to hear what you find. I'm surprised at how little I can find on using mobile versions of googles apps on blackberry. I can find articles all day from 2011 that talk about google discontinuing their support of blackberry with their apps, but nothing about how the mobile versions are currently working. If mobile versions are working well, this could be a big deal for bberry fans. I saw a talk with Sundar Pichai and he said it was important to google to support html5 apps because they can run on any platform. I saw something else that predicted html5 apps will become increasingly popular with developers because it allows them to create one app for everyone, instead of several versions for all the different OS's. Makes sense to me, and if true could break down the walls of certain apps working on certain phones. Thanks again for your help!
    10-09-14 11:50 PM
    So, I'm not on the Passport, but I am on an "official" version of 10.3 on my Z30. If I visit m.google.com I get options for "mobile" versions of Google Search, YouTube, Google+, and Gmail (which includes Gcal). Nothing for Google Docs, unfortunately.

The Gmail web app is actually pretty good, but I wouldn't use it over the Hub.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-09-14 11:59 PM
  7. mycompanyforcesustousebberry's Avatar
    Good to know, thank you Thunderbuck.
    10-10-14 12:49 AM