hello,

I'm rather new to entire smartphone world and just recently got a new blackberry.
    i wanted to download some apps to get sports results and when i installed NFL app and
    wanted to start it up got the message that the app wants to track my location, my text messages,
    track my e-mail. how can I use an app like this without it tracking my location and checking what
    I write on text messages.

Since deleted the app but wondered if all apps do this and if so, how can you stop them from doing it?
    09-06-14 02:14 PM
    hello,

I'm rather new to entire smartphone world and just recently got a new blackberry.
    i wanted to download some apps to get sports results and when i installed NFL app and
    wanted to start it up got the message that the app wants to track my location, my text messages,
    track my e-mail. how can I use an app like this without it tracking my location and checking what
    I write on text messages.

Since deleted the app but wondered if all apps do this and if so, how can you stop them from doing it?
    If it's a native BlackBerry 10 app, when it opens for the first time and gives you the list of permissions it requests, you can disable/enable them individually. If it's an Android app, you don't have the individual choice.

Not all apps should track your location, although if it unexpectedly does it's a pretty good tipoff to be on your toes.
    09-06-14 02:17 PM