Most home phones are still land lines without text capabilities.
    08-19-16 10:46 AM
    It's not actually a contact field than can be edited out. It's a Contact app function that can't be selectively disabled.
    It's not actually a contact field than can be edited out. It's a Contact app function that can't be selectively disabled.
    Sebasnado likes this.
    08-19-16 09:59 PM
    Even worse: most home phones are landlines but you can still send SMS there. Many landline providers accept SMS and read the text you send using a computer voice to the receiver. But in many cases you can't understand this, especially if you tend to use abbreviations and smileys. It gets ridiculous then, everything which can't be spoken is just spelled ...

It happened to me that the landline numbers have been systematically preferred when I tried to send SMS to anyone, even if both sender and receiver have mobile numbers from the same provider. Don't know why, seemed to depend on the first digits of the landline and mobile numbers. Seems to be better now. But I still look three times before I tap the Send button.
    08-20-16 01:44 AM
    To avoid confusion between mobile and landlines, I sometimes create separate entries like Bill Smith (Home) and Bill Smith (Mobile).
    08-20-16 02:56 PM