I finally caved and installed OS 10.3.1.1151 on my Passport. I came across the profile "Do Not Disturb" and after some investigation, it seemed to me as if it turns off notifications, but you can pick and choose some exceptions. Does this seem right?

However, when I customize a contact to override the "no notifications", it doesn't seem to work. An example would be the fact that I changed the phone calls from "profile setting" to "On", but when I call my phone from the modified contact, it doesn't ring at all.

Am I on the right trail of thinking here, but maybe because it's not an official release it doesn't work yet?
    12-12-14 09:50 PM
    Tick "override profile volume" or something like that
    12-12-14 09:57 PM
    If you have custom contact notifications set to override the profile, they will override every profile except for do not disturb.

The different between silent and do not disturb = do not disturb disables ALL notifications except for the clock (notice there isn't even a profile to edit for do not disturb and contact notifications aren't applied)

Whereas silent is a profile that can be overridden by contact notifications.

Do not disturb is the profile for making sure you won't be inturrupted (in theory)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-12-14 10:26 PM