Just bought a new DX-1 battery on Amazon, and the label is a lighter green than my old battery, and textured like an MS-1. My old DX-1 is smooth and darker.

It's been so long since my 9650 had its factory battery that I can't recall what they're like- can anyone confirm which of these is not genuine?
    08-17-15 04:47 PM
    So, you bought a BlackBerry branded DX-1 battery on Amazon, but not sold directly by Amazon, like the one selling there now for $4.95, which some less that satisfied customers say is clearly counterfit, which originally sold for $80 and is now selling for only $14 on CrackBerry?

Usually on of the first signs that something is not genuine is when it is selling for much less that it does from reputable dealers.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-17-15 06:51 PM
    I asked for neither the assumptions nor the condescension. A direct answer to my question would have actually been helpful, oddly enough.
    08-18-15 09:27 PM
    I apologize, but the important thing is how the battery performs. At the price you paid it's probably worth seeing how well it works. I think a non BlackBerry branded equivalently spec'd replacement might have been a better choice if available. I find it usually pays to do some comparative research with Google before committing to a purchase.
    08-18-15 10:18 PM
    If you carefully inspect my OP, you'll notice that I never said a word about the price of what I purchased, and was asking for its physical description so I could know if it or my older battery was the fake one, since the battery that came with my BB is long gone.
    Again, I really don't need the assumptions or the lecture- I understand the risks of aftermarket batteries well. I need no information warning me against the use of aftermarket batteries. I just need a physical description of a DX-1.
    08-19-15 11:54 AM
    Again, I think you need to start with who you bought it from and what you paid for it.
    I assume you've already looked at this 2011 video:
    If I thought I'd accidentally bought a counterfeit DX-1 I'd probably buy another from CrackBerry while they are still available: BlackBerry D-X1 Standard Battery for Curve 8900, Storm 9530, Storm 9500, Storm2 9550, Storm2 9520, Tour 9630 | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada
    As long as the one you have doesn't get unusually hot, I wouldn't get too concerned about the safety of it.
    08-19-15 03:09 PM