As much as I have no plans to own anything but virtualbox or bluestacks that runs the android os, it occured to me that i've heard some android devices can be re-staged with Ubuntu to replace Android. Does anyone know if this holds true for the Priv? I wouldn't use a Priv running Android, but I would totally use one running BlackBerry 10 or Ubuntu.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:55 AM
    We don't know yet but highly unlikely nope.
    10-12-15 10:56 AM
    Indications are that the boot rom will be locked... if true, you won't be loading anything else but a BlackBerry released and approved OS for that device.
    10-12-15 11:01 AM
    Indications are that the boot rom will be locked... if true, you won't be loading anything else but a BlackBerry released and approved OS for that device.
    Correct, this won't be an ordinary Android OS. It's a special version that BlackBerry will be loading.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    10-12-15 03:18 PM
    As much as I have no plans to own anything but virtualbox or bluestacks that runs the android os, it occured to me that i've heard some android devices can be re-staged with Ubuntu to replace Android. Does anyone know if this holds true for the Priv? I wouldn't use a Priv running Android, but I would totally use one running BlackBerry 10 or Ubuntu.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad the Ubuntu phone never made it to market eh?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-13-15 12:50 AM
    Too bad the Ubuntu phone never made it to market eh?

Um, my buddy handed me his the other day, which market are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:20 PM
    Um, my buddy handed me his the other day, which market are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    Last I heard Canonical scrapped their device. The mobile OS has been available for some time. I've not seen any Ubuntu devices sold in local stores in Canada though. So that would be the market I'm speaking of.

We're getting off topic though.

10-13-15 04:52 PM
    Last I heard Canonical scrapped their device. The mobile OS has been available for some time. I've not seen any Ubuntu devices sold in local stores in Canada though. So that would be the market I'm speaking of.

We're getting off topic though.

Ah ok I didn't know that. I'm in the Yukon but I don't know where he ordered it from / picked it up.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:31 AM