Looking to see if anyone knows how to automatically forward text msgs to an email account
    09-15-14 02:25 PM
    Looking to see if anyone knows how to automatically forward text msgs to an email account
    Not possible through the os but maybe a dev can make you an app
    09-15-14 02:38 PM
    There's no universal way specifically through BlackBerry.
    I believe it would depend on whether your carrier offers such a service for forwarding texts.

Which carrier do you use?
    Maybe you could provide details on exactly what you want to do and why. Do you want to stop receiving the messages on your phone when you forward them, or receive them in two places?
    09-15-14 02:41 PM
    There have been a couple apps that automatically forward your incoming text messages to an email account although none are free on the BB 10 OS. I'd look first into SMS to Email Pro. It will forward to multiple email accounts if that's your preference. Message X used to work but the developer seems to have abandoned the project. I've found the SMS to Email Pro developers to be very active and helpful.

Clarification: I gave Message X another whirl on Z30 10.2.1.2991 and it did continue to forward received texts to a designated email automatically. It did not however forward the sent messages or allow the selective forwarding from specific contacts as claimed - it's all or nothing.
    Last edited by semime; 09-17-14 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Clarification
    09-15-14 04:25 PM
    Interesting. I just forwarded a text message to one of my email accounts without any difficulty at all. Just long pressed, forwarded, typed in my email address and through it came using MMS. So my carrier (Vodafone) supports that.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:59 PM
    Interesting. I just forwarded a text message to one of my email accounts without any difficulty at all. Just long pressed, forwarded, typed in my email address and through it came using MMS. So my carrier (Vodafone) supports that.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can do that, but as far as I can determine, you can't forward or share the whole chat. Just one text.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-15-14 08:21 PM
    Yes you can do that, but as far as I can determine, you can't forward or share the whole chat. Just one text.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Exporter will allow you to forward and share entire SMS and MMS conversations although it is not automated. Works nicely. The OP mentioned the need for an automatic process to allow forwarding (at least that was my understanding). SMS to Email Pro forwards the received texts automatically.
    09-15-14 09:47 PM