I'm thinking of switching to straight talk and was wandering if anyone has tried using a bb classic, or any other os10 device and how it worked. I tried to contact straight talk customer support but it seemed like all they were qualified to do was answer the phone. They told me I could only use a blackberry from T-Mobile, but they also told me that I couldn't use an iPhone. I know several people that use an iPhone on straight talk. So the question is if I purchase a bb classic directly from blackberry, factory unlocked, will I be able to use it on straight talk?
    01-22-15 08:37 AM
    I'm in Milwaukee, Wi area and am using StraightTalk with my new Classic with zero issues. I'm using the ATT sim card. SMS and MMS are working fine.
    I'm in Milwaukee, Wi area and am using StraightTalk with my new Classic with zero issues. I'm using the ATT sim card. SMS and MMS are working fine.
    01-22-15 09:46 AM
    I am in the New York area and use straighttalk on my two BB10 devices, a Q10 and a Passport. No known issues.
    01-22-15 09:48 AM
    Since this keeps coming up more often than I can answer...

Could you please tell us what if anything extra you had to do to get MMS working?
    01-22-15 12:07 PM
    My reply is on page 3 of this thread.
    raino likes this.
    01-22-15 12:48 PM
    Hi,
    So your using Straight Talk with your new Classic BlackBerry, I was so excited to get my Classic but I cant connect up to Straight Talk, What settings are you using for the APN. Did you have to fill in the Username and Password also?
    Thanks for your time,
    Stuart
    01-26-15 11:31 AM
    I purchased a new BB Classic through Amazon a week ago, with 10.3.1.1565 operating system, installed the AT&T microSIM to use on Straight Talk. Played around with various settings I saw here on Crackberry. In Advanced APN Settings, I did not have to enter Username and Password.

What worked for me was proxy URL 66.209.11.33:80

I woke up the other other morning and saw a photo came through and I successfully sent a photo shortly afterwards.

No hard reset or system wipe was necessary
    03-27-15 09:37 AM
    where did u type in the proxy?
    04-02-15 02:50 PM