Hi,
    I want buy the Wicked Chili 2100mA Dual USB Fast-Port Adapter for my car. Is it save to use it with my Z30?
    Are the 2100mA to much for the Z30?
    Thanks for our help.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (10.3.1.1154)
    12-20-14 01:32 PM
    There are those that believe, based on battery chemistry and theory etc. that you'll shorten the life of the battery by charging it that rapidly. They may be right, but to what degree in reality? Dunno.

I've been using Playbook chargers which are 1.8A, not much less than the one you're asking about - on my Z10 for a year with no apparent degradation in how long a charge lasted. Girlfriend used same chargers on her Z10 though she didn't have it a full year like I did. Now using same chargers on our Z30's that we bought a few months ago.

The BlackBerry premium car charger is 1.8A; I don't believe BB would offer chargers like that with knowledge they would damage the batteries. I've got a few of these as well, just don't use them regularly like I do the Playbook charger, thanks to awesome Z30 battery life.

Richard
    12-20-14 01:50 PM
    OK thanks for the quick answer.

I will buy the BlackBerry premium charger then.
    I need the power to navigate and listening music on long distance trips.

With my old charger the power drain is higher then the charging rate.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (10.3.1.1154)
    12-20-14 02:10 PM
    There are those that believe, based on battery chemistry and theory etc. that you'll shorten the life of the battery by charging it that rapidly. They may be right, but to what degree in reality? Dunno.

I've been using Playbook chargers which are 1.8A, not much less than the one you're asking about - on my Z10 for a year with no apparent degradation in how long a charge lasted. Girlfriend used same chargers on her Z10 though she didn't have it a full year like I did. Now using same chargers on our Z30's that we bought a few months ago.

The BlackBerry premium car charger is 1.8A; I don't believe BB would offer chargers like that with knowledge they would damage the batteries. I've got a few of these as well, just don't use them regularly like I do the Playbook charger, thanks to awesome Z30 battery life.

Richard
    Lol. You should get basic knowledge.

Short way:

Only thing that matters is voltage. Modern phone (and electronics) "takes" only current that they "needs". If you "don't have" enough current, charging will be slower, if you have more than is needed, charging will take the shortest possible "time".

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:17 PM

Short way:

Only thing that matters is voltage. Modern phone (and electronics) "takes" only current that they "needs". If you "don't have" enough current, charging will be slower, if you have more than is needed, charging will take the shortest possible "time".

Posted via CB10
    Not true.

You are dealing with Lithium battery. While it is rare, incident did happen.

... Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 ...
    12-20-14 02:30 PM
    LOL. You should get basic reading comprehension and courtesy.

I'm not the one preaching doom and gloom about using a higher-rated charger than the factory provides with the device. I AM using a higher-rated charger and advise others that it's OK (for me), but with the disclaimer that others believe there may be issue with it. Problems?

Richard
    12-20-14 02:36 PM