I severely damaged the screen on my Passport. Rather than wait for the repair shop to order in a new screen and replace it, I purchased a new Passport.

I have been having problems with switching devices using Blackberry link. I keep getting the error message "Verify your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link, and try again."

I tried everything I could find, both here and elsewhere, to get it to transfer, including updating both phones and Link to the newest versions. After multiple failed attempts, I followed some advice that suggested I custom switch each peace rather than all at once.

It was working beautifully until it came to switching the media files. At that point I accidentally transferred backward and copied the media from the new phone to the old, thus deleting all photos, videos, and documents from the old phone.

I thought it should not be a problem since I still have the backup file from the old phone on my pc. However, when I try to restore the media files from the backup to either the new phone or the old one, I get the same "Verify your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link, and try again." error message.

Most of the pictures and documents are unimportant, but I have a few pictures and a couple of videos of my sons that I would really like to recover. I can find the backup file on my pc, but it is just a backup file. I cannot restore it to either phone even after trying multiple times.

Having the photos and videos back on my phone is not nearly as important as just having them. Since I cannot restore them to either phone, is there a way to access them from my PC? From there I can back them up to cloud and to disk.

Really, anyway I can get the photos and videos back will work.

Thank you for any help or suggestions
    05-06-16 10:33 AM
    You can't extract information from a backup file any other way other than restoring to a device that is using the same BBID that was used when the backup was created.

Somehow you are going to have to fix your connectivity problem. Try rebooting both your phone and computer.
    05-06-16 12:30 PM