I hide my personal pictures and videos from other by just changing the "File type" extensions. For example any video .mp4 I change it to. Jpg or something. And it will become corrupt..... well I wanted to know whether it is safe to do so????????????????

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:05 AM
    You need to leave the file extension as whatever type of file it is. You can make different folders within device memory and/or sd card, or upload to Box or Dropbox.

If you're going to all this trouble, it's probably just easier to use a file hiding app. There are a few free ones you can try.
    01-03-15 09:14 AM
    It's not about free apps or paid..... if I forget the password which I have in several occasions. I lose all my freaking important stuff....

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:16 AM
    Is there any problem in doing that any harm in doing this please let me know......

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:18 AM
    You can also place the pictures in your video folder and video in pictures folder and they won't show up in the native image and video apps.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-03-15 09:18 AM
    thats something i miss from other OS's. Changing extension to hide picture is safe but at the same time painful if you have lots of images and videos.
    01-03-15 09:19 AM
    It's not about free apps or paid..... if I forget the password which I have in several occasions. I lose all my freaking important stuff....

Posted via CB10
    I know this isn't your question, but why not use BB's own Password Keeper app to store any and all passwords? Just give Password Keeper itself a password you won't forget, like your bank card PIN.
    01-03-15 09:23 AM
    It should be safe to change the extension as long as you know the original extension when you want to view the file again.

Apps like the Pictures and File Manager can not open unknown file types. eg: if you change a extension from .jpg to .abc no apps can open the file unless you view the file from an app that doesn't care about extension like a hex editor (if you can find one for the BB)

if you want to hide a folder just use an app the creates a hidden folder. the only problem to that is anyone can read the files if they take the sd card or when they view the device files from a connected computer.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-03-15 09:26 AM
    Well I suppose that is a good idea...alright I'll give that a try next time....

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:27 AM