I made the switch to a galaxy last year and I miss my physical keyboard. I am waiting for the Classic to be available on Verizon but in the meantime i have my old Bold, unlocked. Any ideas as to how my I T guy can set me up so I can use both phones. My Galaxy is on Verizon and I will need to leave that as want to get a new Classic when they finally release it. I was hoping to use the Bold on wifi or cheap SIM only plan. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    02-14-15 05:35 AM
    If the email account is configured to access an IMAP server, you can have several phones getting it.
    02-15-15 10:54 AM
    Assuming your work places uses either Microsoft Exchange or IBM Notes for email then if your work place has BES5 or BES5 Express (or BES12 a long as they upgraded directly from BES5) then your Bold will be able to be activated for your work email.

Again assuming your work place uses either Microsoft (including Office365) or IBM for email and makes ActiveSync available over the Internet then your Android phone and your future Classic phone will also be able to be hooked up to your work email at the same time. They may however insist that the device is also managed by an MDM product. The only one that really works well on BlackBerry 10 is of course BES10 or BES12 so you may be out of luck if they use another MDM system, have you checked with them if they can allow you to use the Classic for work email?

If your work place uses another email setup entirely then you would have to hope that BIS can connect to your mailbox on the Bold and that it can be used with IMAP on the Android and Classic.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    02-15-15 11:25 AM
    From my understanding BBOS devices needs a BIS data plan in order to work. In other words a Bold and older BBOS devices can not just run off wifi for internet/email access. If you really want to use your Bold you are going to have to get a data plan for it. Now if you can wait about 2 weeks, then the classic might be available for Verizon on 2-26-15. Hopefully these date holds true.
    02-15-15 11:44 AM
    A BES data plan would also suffice if his workplace/carriers require it for corporate email. Some carriers allow BIS plans to work with BES servers, some don't, it's hit and miss. Would be worth trying a BIS data plan first to see if it works as they are cheaper.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    02-15-15 07:16 PM