Got the notification new software update so I went ahead n hit download. Says now I can't download as not enough space on phone, I've deleted quite a few apps still nothing. Went to delete photos, I can't see preview they are there but un viewable unless u go directly into them. But I'm looking at a black screen so I've no clue. My blackberry is a Q5.
    02-19-15 05:36 PM
    Check your Device Monitor to check your space, and what might be taking it up. Delete apps off of there. It'll also help to reboot afterwards.
    02-19-15 05:41 PM
    Start with a hard reset. Hold down the top key and don't let go.
    Ignore any onscreen options to Restart or anything else. You'll see the BlackBerry logo, then a black screen, then the red LED will flash on then back off. After you've seen the red LED, release the top button.

When you're sorting through Device Memory, long press a folder then select Properties. This way you can see which folders are most full so you know where to investigate.

Hard to say without knowing your usage. Videos use a lot of space. If you have a lot of Android apps, you may have the now-unneeded apk files in Device/Downloads. If you use Snap, check in its Settings to clear the cache.

Check the Storage tab of Device Monitor to see if any app in particular has a ton of app data it's added on.
    02-19-15 05:45 PM
    Same with my Q5. Deleting stuff to make space makes no difference. I deleted down from 6G *still leaves 2G free for a 1G update but maybe they need space for swap files. Deleted stuff down to 4.G did a rest and precisely the same message telling me to free up 1G. What's up Blackberry?
    02-19-15 05:59 PM
    Finally success! This is what I did for my Q5. Having deleted apps down to about 4.5G and re-set and getting the same message to remove 1G during update. I did a hard re-set again to clear the cache and connected the phone to the computer, ran BB Link backed up the phone first and then and clicked on the update option. It proceeded but very slowly and I went to bed. I checked a few times - very slow process - then fell asleep. 6 hrs later I woke to find that although the software update screen showed the same message to free up space, 10.3 was installed. I checked the memory use - about 5.3G. I also saw that there were two messages in the hub saying the same thing timed about two hours after I had fallen asleep. SO whether time is the factor here or BB altered the software during the night I can't say. But that's how it worked for me. 10.3 looks great.
    02-20-15 02:44 AM