I'm a complete novice to Blackberry. Buying my first one now as I have opened own company. Using Microsoft 365 for email etc.
    What is required to send / receive email while traveling. Normally WiFi is required to check mail, but how does it work with Blackberry? What do I need to do/install/configure....?
    10-08-14 10:17 AM
    Yes your email will come in to the device through your cellular data plan. As long as you have a data plan you can get email. There is setup icon on your BlackBerry's homescreen that has an accounts selection that you would use to enter your email account info. The device can find most of the settings automatically. You will just have to enter the email address and your password. You can enter multiple email accounts, as well as facebook, linkedin, twitter and other social media accounts.
    What device do you have? Not all BlackBerry are made alike.
    10-08-14 10:24 AM
    Looking to buy the Z30
    10-08-14 10:41 AM
    Yes your email will come in to the device through your cellular data plan. As long as you have a data plan you can get email. There is setup icon on your BlackBerry's homescreen that has an accounts selection that you would use to enter your email account info. The device can find most of the settings automatically. You will just have to enter the email address and your password. You can enter multiple email accounts, as well as facebook, linkedin, twitter and other social media accounts.
    10-08-14 10:48 AM
    Unlike BlackBerry of the past, that rely on BIS and would not work for email without it even on WiFI, hence my asking.

BlackBerry 10 devices have no such shortcoming.
    10-08-14 10:52 AM
    Thanks pkcable and diegonei.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-09-14 12:34 AM