I'm doing research for a not-so-techy friend.

We are wondering if it was possible to use Wi-Fi calling with the Blackberry Classic on T-Mobile. I understand that T-Mobile doesn't sell a T-Mobile-branded Blackberry Classic, so it would have to be purchased elsewhere and then unlocked.

According to the Blackberry World App description for Wi-Fi Calling, it is supported for T-Mobile in the USA and on the Classic. According to T-Mobile, we just need to be connected onto Wi-Fi, have a phone that supports Wi-Fi calling, and have the 911 number on file. (I would link the relevant pages, but it seems to block the submission of this post)

However, I see that people with the Blackberry Passport (which should also support Wi-Fi Calling) does not have that feature working with T-Mobile.

Thoughts?
    01-25-15 05:48 PM
    Nope it does not work on Passport or Classic

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 06:00 PM
    As it stands, the only BB10 phones capable of WFC are the Z10 and Q10.
    01-25-15 06:15 PM
    As previous poster said. There is no wifi calling for any new device or newer os version. It will only be on devices they support.

Currently using a passport on tmobile.

Passport is love, Passport is life.
    01-25-15 06:17 PM
    Weird. The top part of your message says that the only supported devices are the Z10 and Q10, but underneath it says that passport and classic are also included. But on this page I see that passport and classic are NOT supported. I guess that's what I'm going with.

Bill
    07-03-15 05:08 PM
    Weird. The top part of your message says that the only supported devices are the Z10 and Q10, but underneath it says that passport and classic are also included. But on this page I see that passport and classic are NOT supported. I guess that's what I'm going with.

Bill
    The original post that started this thread is from January 2015, when TMO was not selling the Classic. Now they are selling the Classic and rumor is, will be selling the Passport as well. Anyway, sticking to the bird in the hand, the Classic does not have WFC...yet. But according to TMO, the next OS update will bring it. T

The original poster was also misinformed about the role of the WFC app. It's nothing but a toggle--a light switch, if you will, to the feature that has to be on the phone. If there's no electric (WFC) at the home (the BB10 phone,) then flicking the light switch (toggling the WFC app) will do nothing for you.
    07-03-15 09:35 PM