I've got a ring tone I'd like to use for text messages. I've figured out how to change the sound, but the ring tones I have are not showing up on the text messaging app. I can change the phone ring tone to my personal ones. Is there a way to change the text message sounds to a ring tone, rather than the sounds they have loaded?
    I've just upgraded from a BB bold to this Priv, so it's a huge change for me. I'd like to still have the same sounds I had before. (It's super Mario brothers, who wouldn't want that??)
    03-17-16 12:20 AM
    Strange, I also can't figure it out.

Tried several times without success.
    03-17-16 12:33 AM
    I don't know which text app you are using but if it's the stock one you will likely need to download a different one. There are several that will allow you to set everything how you want to. Gosmspro is what I used to use before I went to bb10, but since going back to android I recommend yaata. I have my messages set to vibrate except for a few select contacts who's tones override the vibrate option. When setting specific tones it allows you to choose from. The phone storage or the SD card. A ringtone maker will place the newly created ringtones in notification or ringtones or both, if you so choose. It takes a little fiddling to get it all figured out but it's really fairly easy once you do. You will need to donate on yaata to get all the functions but it is well worth it.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-17-16 12:43 AM
    Yaata also has some hub integration

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-17-16 12:44 AM