my bb 9700 is broken, I can't get into the phone at all trackpad and keys not working, screen is cracked so can't use touch either. Before it broke though I had it connected and bridged to my playbook. I do not have a desktop. Can I back up my phone to my playbook instead?
    02-01-15 10:20 AM
    BlackBerry Protect would backup the phone without using a PC. To my knowledge, there's no way to use a PlayBook and do it.
    02-01-15 10:31 AM
    I can't install or do anything on my device. The keys aren't responding, same w the trackpad. I can't do anything w the device, not even answer a call. I've tried every key too still nothing. I am going to get a new device but I desperately need to back up this one first. I need my emails and even when it's bridged the emails I can get into through my playbook only go back a few months. I also have files and pictures on the device that I can't access on my playbook. What do I need to do im starting to stress.
    02-01-15 10:44 AM
    if you can't access the device you can't access it. Did you have your pics syncing to dropbox or something like that? Are they on your SD card by chance. If each of these answers are NO, then you can pretty much bid them farewell. You can worry and stress over it if you like, but all that will do is cause ulcers.
    02-01-15 10:54 AM
    Yeah I get that. I can turn the device on I can even use the trackpad to scroll. But I can't open anything none of my keys work. I think some pics are on sd some aren't. I really need my files and emails. Is there no way to back up the device without a pc? Or by having to install something on my device? It's connected to my playbook, I had Bluetooth and wifi on before it broke so maybe that will help me. I've shut the phone off, dumped it still the keys won't work. But everytime I turn the phone back on it automatically connects to my playbook.
    02-01-15 11:01 AM
    Only reason I'm stressing is because those emails and files are for work. I would love to get all my pics back but that's not the reason for my stress.
    02-01-15 11:04 AM
    Find a friend with a PC.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-01-15 11:22 AM