I need to vent. My Q5 is crap. Does anyone have any fixes for the issues below?

1. I cannot see my wallpaper.
    2. There's no middle scrolly button.
    3. I cannot use a touchscreen keyboard, so there's no way to type silently.
    4. I cannot block individual numbers.
    5. I cannot hide icons - I have to create a folder, which would be easier with the little scrolly button in the middle.
    6. There is only one font. I cannot change the font style; I can only change the font type.
    7. I was almost late for work today, because my alarm keeps resetting itself.
    8. Despite the numerous calls for improvements on CrackBerry, nothing has been done.
    9. OS7 is better than OS10 (unfortunately, I cannot revert to my Torch 9810 as that sim card was deactivated when I switched to a micro sim).
    10. RIM or Blackberry US or whatever they're calling themselves these days DO NOT LISTEN. That's their demise. This phone is so aggravating sometimes. Am I asking for too much? Argh!!!!!!!

Anyone have any fixes for the issues above? Or any pointers as to why I should not sell this for $50 on Craigslist?
    07-15-14 08:23 PM
    Well, scroll button aside. Which is damn obvious by looking at it, and the fact that if you needed a vkb, then why get a qwerty phone.

All your other issues will be solved by firmware wipe/reload and by the new 10.3 version.

As for BlackBerry listening, they have actually. The last handful if updates have proven that, and functionality is coming in at a metric rate.

It seems like the BlackBerry Classic will be a better choice for you, or the Z-series with vkb.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-15-14 08:30 PM
    Just how old are you?
    habs_fan, raino and SmileDahling like this.
    07-15-14 08:40 PM
    I need to vent. My Q5 is crap. Does anyone have any fixes for the issues below?

1. I cannot see my wallpaper.
    2. There's no middle scrolly button.
    3. I cannot use a touchscreen keyboard, so there's no way to type silently.
    4. I cannot block individual numbers.
    5. I cannot hide icons - I have to create a folder, which would be easier with the little scrolly button in the middle.
    6. There is only one font. I cannot change the font style; I can only change the font type.
    7. I was almost late for work today, because my alarm keeps resetting itself.
    8. Despite the numerous calls for improvements on CrackBerry, nothing has been done.
    9. OS7 is better than OS10 (unfortunately, I cannot revert to my Torch 9810 as that sim card was deactivated when I switched to a micro sim).
    10. RIM or Blackberry US or whatever they're calling themselves these days DO NOT LISTEN. That's their demise. This phone is so aggravating sometimes. Am I asking for too much? Argh!!!!!!!

Anyone have any fixes for the issues above? Or any pointers as to why I should not sell this for $50 on Craigslist?
    I'll buy for $50...PM me
    habs_fan and SmileDahling like this.
    07-15-14 08:53 PM
    I could be wrong but it seems like this thread is paid by Samsung maybe?
    Half the "issues" you have you would know about before buying the phone ie) no track pad and touchscreen!? You bought a keyboard phone why would there be a touchscreen keypad too?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:06 PM
    Hmm, may be a paid shill. They are pretty common.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:11 PM
    Fanboys!!..smh. If someone wants to vent about their dissatisfaction over their prized BlackBerry device then please let them. You guys are actually accusing them that they're being paid off by some company. Pathetic. Call spade a spade here. I'm a BlackBerry z10 user, are you actually gonna defend the fact that the battery in z10 suckss donkey balls.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:01 AM
    Should have got a q10. My q10 never had any of those problems.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    07-17-14 08:06 AM
    The silence is a setting issue go to setting - language input - feedback : From there you can be as loud or as silent as you like from what I know the feedback is not conected to the main sound
    07-17-14 08:09 AM
    The silence is a setting issue go to setting - language input - feedback : From there you can be as loud or as silent as you like from what I know the feedback is not conected to the main sound
    Nah, he has a physical keyboard. On top of that, he wants to be able to use a virtual one...

He isn't just venting about BlackBerry, trust me. It's like when my father used to yell at things he didn't understand.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-17-14 08:55 AM
    I loled so hard at this.

Posted via my superb Z10
    07-17-14 11:46 AM
    1. Go to settings>display>select wallpaper. If anything OS problem means you need to start all over from scratch. Reload OS with Link on your PC or Mac.
    2. Get a BlackBerry Classic in the fall or learn to use the touchscreen.
    3. Then why did you get a Q5? Buttons might quiet down after some use though.
    4. Hopefully that comes soon. In the meantime get your carrier to block them for you.
    5. Tap and Hold is your friend. Creating a folder requires you to drag one icon onto another. Once the folder is created drag the rest of your icons in there. I have a folder called system for all those extra icons I don't use. Really cleans things up.
    6. What would you like? Comic Sans? Maybe BlackBerry will change their minds on that one. Although I doubt it.
    7. I don't know what to say about that. Get a back up. Perhaps a OS restore will help after all. I don't have any such issues. I always have back ups though because I used to turn off my alarm in sleep.
    8. Don't think issues on CB mean everyone is complaining. No, people come to CB to get help so the majority of threads are as such. It doesn't mean we are all unhappy. There is usually a fix for most issues. Other than poor battery performance on the Z10. Can't do much about that.
    9. OS10 is more powerful, but I agree it is not as mature. It takes time to get everything in order. BlackBerry didn't pull OS7 out of their behinds. It took many years to perfect.
    10. BlackBerry, that's what they are called, do listen. They made the site listed below just for us to voice our opinions on how we can make it better. Please join up and have your voice heard by BlackBerry and not just BlackBerry fans that can't rewrite code to satisfy you.

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/

My advice to you is to take time and learn more about the device. Some of those issues are not normal such as losing your wallpaper or your alarms turning off and may indicate a software issue. I would reload the device software and start again from scratch. Use Link to sync your contacts or use an app like ContactsImEx to save them to an SD card or onto your pc/mac. Then start from scratch. It is not normal for people to have to do this but it might help. You just need to be disconnected from your phone for a couple of hours. I would suggest setting it up at night and leaving it to sync you accounts over night while it charges. All the people I know who have a Q5 love the device. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:16 PM
    Don't let the door hit where the sun don't shine on your way out.

Your list of complaints is too long and too foolish to even bother attempting to offer advice. Really? No "middle scroll button" is a complaint? Did you not look at the phone before you bought it? Also, no touchscreen keyboard? Really? You want a phone with a physical keyboard AND a touchscreen keyboard?

Move on and go complain about an Android or iPhone on their forums.
    07-17-14 12:34 PM