I purchased my BB Bold years ago, the very first month the first Bold came out. In the options section of my phone it currently says it's a Bold 9000 (Though I thought I remembered it was an 8000 number, but can't be sure). I am likely going to be getting a new Passport shortly after the first of the year, but in the meantime I want to save some money, so am likely going to switch over from AT&T to Cricket Wireless temporarily, and since I don't currently use Data anyway, I'll just get their least expensive $25/month unlimited Talk & Text plan, along with their Bring Your Own Device option. My AT&T contract long ago expired, and I long ago cancelled my Data to save money (I'll resume Data once I get the Passport).

My concern is that on the Cricket Wireless website it asks if my current phone uses a Mini, Micro or Nano SIM card, and I have no idea which it is, or if it is another type altogether. Some people seem to simply say "SIM card" so for all I know there is a regular SIM card type other than one of the three above. I am also concerned that whichever size/type of SIM card is in my BB Bold that the one I buy from Cricket Wireless for about $10 when I sign up may not fit if there are subtle differences.

If anyone can answer my question, and provide any other useful insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    10-24-14 04:53 PM
    That would have been a mini SIM. The 'mini' is often dropped, but that's what full sized SIM cards are.
    10-24-14 05:04 PM
    pre-BB10 phones: mini (aka regular aka full size) SIM
    Z10 through Z30: micro SIM
    Passport: nano SIM
    10-24-14 05:22 PM
    Just for the record, the older among us will also remember the original 90's sim card -- which was about the size of a credit card!

These were never used in a BlackBerry.
    raino and Conan69 like this.
    10-24-14 05:32 PM
    Just for the record, the older among us will also remember the original 90's sim card -- which was about the size of a credit card!

These were never used in a BlackBerry.
    Sure do. Used them in both Motorola Star Tac 7500 and 7200.... damn I'm getting old!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:41 PM