Installshield wizard is trying to complete installation of BBL and this has been going on for days.Any suggestions on how to stop or complete the installation?
    Blackberry link for Q-10 on my computer isn't fully installed causing this issue.
    10-22-14 09:26 AM
    Hi!
    I am not sure what BBL is and what device you have. Can you provide more information so we can help you?
    10-22-14 09:28 AM
    Go to task manager and terminate the process directly.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    10-22-14 10:19 AM
    Blackberry link did not fully install for my Q10.Blackberry link doesn't recognize my Q10 when plugged in but the Q10 says it is connected to computer.My computer installshield wizard has been trying to complete the installation for days.I get screen flashes on the computer and it has Internet Explorer messed up also.I hope that this helps identify my problem.Thanks
    10-22-14 10:39 AM
    Like I say go to computer task manager to terminate the process directly and try install again

10-22-14 10:54 AM
    Seems like a PC issue. I would reinstall windows completely or have a friend look at it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    10-22-14 11:11 AM
    Seems to me, like I have the same problem since 3 or 4 days now. And it came from out of nowhere, I swear!
    I use a Windows 8.1 PC and a BlackBerry Q10. I had window pop ups, but they were so fast I couldn't read what they were about, so I shot a video of the screen with the Q10, and there it was: something about some Blackberry process!
    I went to the Task manager and killed the "BlackBerry Link Peer Manager" in Autostart section. That solved the pop up problem, but my Q10 still wouldn't connect to Link!
    I'm trying to get the rest to work again, and if I get it done I'll let you know.
    And if you are successful first, please let ME know :-)
    I'll use Traxxmy's advise!
    10-22-14 11:16 AM
    I'll try it when I get home tonight.I think once the problem is corrected then you should be able to uninstall BBL and then reconnect the Q10 and do the reinstall without a problem(maybe).I installed BBL on my office computer with no problems.I think the problem started because I had two computers with different names.Being a newbie to the Q10 has been a challenge for a first time smartphone user.
    10-22-14 11:51 AM
    I'll try it when I get home tonight. I think once the problem is corrected then you should be able to uninstall BBL and then reconnect the Q10 and do the reinstall without a problem(maybe).I installed BBL on my office computer with no problems. I think the problem started because I had two computers with different names. Being a newbie to the Q10 has been a challenge for a first time smartphone user.
    Have two different users in a same computer should not be the issue. My computer also have two users. One is public and another one is private(administrator) and I have no installation problem.

Try delete the BlackBerry link folder in your computer drive if it is available and try to install again.

10-22-14 11:41 PM
    Got it!
    My Anti Virus software (Avast free version) locked some update in its quarantine section. It was called bbdevmgr.exe, or something like that.
    After i restored that thing, i was able to update another program, and after that BlackBerry Link went back to work, and everything is just fine now, just as before!
    Killing any tasks in the task manager was absolutly unnessecary.
    Go, check your anti virus sandbox!
    I hope this will help you!
    10-30-14 03:19 AM
    Got it!
    My Anti Virus software (Avast free version) locked some update in its quarantine section. It was called bbdevmgr.exe, or something like that.
    After i restored that thing, i was able to update another program, and after that BlackBerry Link went back to work, and everything is just fine now, just as before!
    Killing any tasks in the task manager was absolutly unnessecary.
    Go, check your anti virus sandbox!
    I hope this will help you!
    Your issue is different. You are already have link installed but have issue connect to device. The poster issue is link installation is stuck and didn't complete. Seems like the poster is gone

10-30-14 04:07 AM
    Yeah, you might be right!
    Maybe he went off to Android or some other crap like that?!
    What do you mean with Symbian? Like Symbian on the Nokia E72? That was a cool device! Before I met BlackBerry :-))

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:27 PM