1. Wifi

I read somewhere that some hackers near public wifi hotspots will 'trick' computers and mobile phones into logging into their wifi by making the devices think they are connecting to their home/trusted networks. Is BlackBerry 10 wifi susceptible to this kind of wifi hack?

2. Flash

Flash can provide for a richer browsing experience. BlackBerry 10 had a Flash vulnerability back in an early os build. Has that vulnerability been fixed? Are there any other known Flash vulnerabilities on BlackBerry 10? I mean: is it 'dangerous' to leave the browser's Flash setting on all the time?
    10-27-14 02:23 PM
    1. I've never heard of this but if you are in a public area your wifi shouldn't automatically connect anyways because you are not at the house for it to connect to so you would essentially have to click to connect yourself. I don't see any sane person clicking to connect to their home wifi connection if you aren't at home.

2. Actually someone was going to check to see if flash worked on the 10.3.1 version tonight in one of my groups as there is no more Adobe Air which I think was what was getting the flash to work in the first place but even so the vulnerability has already been fixed.
    1. I've never heard of this but if you are in a public area your wifi shouldn't automatically connect anyways because you are not at the house for it to connect to so you would essentially have to click to connect yourself. I don't see any sane person clicking to connect to their home wifi connection if you aren't at home.

2. Actually someone was going to check to see if flash worked on the 10.3.1 version tonight in one of my groups as there is no more Adobe Air which I think was what was getting the flash to work in the first place but even so the vulnerability has already been fixed.
    10-27-14 03:18 PM
    While it is possible for a man-in-the-middle attack to get your browsing info and any credentials used while you're on a public wifi, they won't be able to take any info in the device.

And yes, they CAN get this stored info from Android/iOS devices.

Basically, only transmitted info will be picked up.

As long as you don't use your credit card or send super private emails over a public wifi, you'll be ok even if there is an exploit.

Keep in mind that ANY public wifi uses these tactics to read your browsing info for data mining reasons.

As for Flash, BB10 is not susceptible to the standard flash exploits, unless you yourself fall for a type of phishing scam.

Via passport
    10-27-14 04:40 PM
    The only thing that a hacker can get over wifi is the information that you passed over the Internet and they can not look at the things on your phone and can't install anything unless you are looking development mode and they know you're password.
    Regarding flash I don't know but BlackBerry is removing it in 10.3.1 so you don't have that much time to worry

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-27-14 05:43 PM