So while my company readily understands what Blend does....we're much less clear on how exactly it does it. Is it essentially a VPN to your device? In (semi) technical terms, what exactly is happening behind the scenes?

Thanks!
    07-09-15 08:13 PM
    If we told you we'd have to kill you... And if we knew, we'd have to commit suicide. Guess we're better off this way. o.O

On a less anecdotal note, while we don't know all the details, it uses some parts of the BlackBerry infrastructure to validate the conection, making it secure on some level. It's not like that backdoor that allow us to access PIM services from the PlayBook on a browser (and many of us expected it to be, hence the disapointment when Blend didn't make it to the PlayBoo).
    BCITMike likes this.
    07-09-15 09:12 PM
    (Not serious reply)

Magic. Lovely, lovely magic.

07-09-15 11:10 PM
    From what I've been able to determine, Blend is essentially a GUI that connects to a Nginx web server running on your device. The connections are made via IPv6 through a virtual VPN adapter and authorisation is through your BBID.

It's a really elegant solution overall.
    07-10-15 10:25 AM
    From what I've been able to determine, Blend is essentially a GUI that connects to a Nginx web server running on your device. The connections are made via IPv6 through a virtual VPN adapter and authorisation is through your BBID.

It's a really elegant solution overall.
    Thanks for the info. That's been our thought as well, but you put it better than I could. So in theory then, is encryption end to end?
    07-12-15 09:23 PM