I am a former blackberry user and have been forced to a S3 just due to the poor handsets that have been coming out from Blackberry. Believe you me, i have missed my blkbry, and it seems that the Classic is exactly the phone that i've been looking for.

Couple questions:

Universal search: my old blackberry , from the home page, i could start typing anything and it would search my entire phone, making finding contacts ,settings, apps, pictures very easy and convient to find. Can the classic do this?

App world:

while i mostly use my phone for communication and business, i do occassional like to use my smart phone for entertainment purposes. Is blackberry's app world still as baron as it was before, or are the new models going to be offering better apps.

Durability:

i read a couple articles that Chen stated the classic is going to be durable. What exactly is "durable". like a S4 Active durable or solidly built? and has there been any reports from blackberry about a phone release that is similar to the active that will provide blackberry users with a phone that is waterproof, shock proof etc?
    10-28-14 10:06 PM
    Universal search: my old blackberry , from the home page, i could start typing anything and it would search my entire phone, making finding contacts ,settings, apps, pictures very easy and convient to find. Can the classic do this?

All BlackBerry10 devices can do the search, while only quwerty devices activate just by typing. So, yeah, this can be accomplished as you describe on the Q5, Q10, Passport and Classic.

App world:

while i mostly use my phone for communication and business, i do occassional like to use my smart phone for entertainment purposes. Is blackberry's app world still as baron as it was before, or are the new models going to be offering better apps.

No, it isn't. And you got Amazon AppStore. And you got direct installin android APK files. And you got access to Google Play through Snap. As long as the app does not need Google Play Services, it will run on the Classic.

Durability:

i read a couple articles that Chen stated the classic is going to be durable. What exactly is "durable". like a S4 Active durable or solidly built? and has there been any reports from blackberry about a phone release that is similar to the active that will provide blackberry users with a phone that is waterproof, shock proof etc?

As durable as a BlackBerry usually is.
    /bb10char
    10-28-14 10:18 PM
    I have an S4 active that I use to play around with android and I can tell you that if the Classic is as 3/4 as durable as the Q10, it will be definitely be better than the active, except of course,.. for the water proofing aspect (but even that isn't guaranteed with the active).

Everything else has been pretty much satisfied as addressed in the prior post.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-28-14 10:27 PM