Is there any way to disable the camera ICON on the bar at the bottom of every screen, but still be able to use the camera from the regular icon and lock screen? I am forever hitting it and its driving me nuts. I know you can turn off Gestures when the screen is locked, but I am more concerned about when the screen is NOT locked.

Thanks
    Carl Estes and rai187 like this.
    08-27-14 09:49 AM
    You can hide it by using parental control but you won't be able using the camera though

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-27-14 09:53 AM
    Yeah, that drives me nuts also! I pick up my device and the "palm flesh" activates the camera app.
    Give us the option to hide that lower bar, please??????
    08-27-14 12:22 PM
    Is there any way to disable the camera ICON on the bar at the bottom of every screen, but still be able to use the camera from the regular icon and lock screen? I am forever hitting it and its driving me nuts. I know you can turn off Gestures when the screen is locked, but I am more concerned about when the screen is NOT locked.

Thanks
    No sorry, Blackberry put it there for quick access, for when you need it extremely quickly, for example: Your child catches a butterfly and askes you to quickly take a photo. It'd be more efficent to use the camera in the bottom right then to find the actual icon. So sadly the answer is no, following usmans advice will disable the camera but it will not stop the camera icon from staring in "active frame" mode
    baarn likes this.
    08-27-14 12:22 PM
    I notice in 10.3 I haven't accidentally hit it yet. Perhaps they changed something

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:09 PM
    Drives me nuts as well. And the phone call icon too.. I end up calling people by accident. So f***in annoying that they haven't given you an option to disable these things

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    08-27-14 01:16 PM
    With some awarness, maybe they can change this, although it is very unlikly

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:43 PM
    I notice in 10.3 I haven't accidentally hit it yet. Perhaps they changed something

Posted via CB10
    I am fairly certain you are correct. Touching the very corner or edge of the screen used to activate the camera or phone, now you gotta get right up in there and directly tap that icon. (Yeah I did that.) More or less it does appear to be fixed, assuming it doesn't change back when an "optimized" version for my Z10 is officially released.

Actually, I'm fairly certain I suggested this exact fix in another thread about the same topic. Not saying they took the advice, but it appears that's what has been done, and appears to have fixed the issue.
    08-27-14 06:57 PM