I would love to get a Blackberry, I really like having a keyboard and the security aspects are very appealing. I had a poor quality Blackberry type of phone that has recently died, and used that with TracFone. Now TracFone offers no qwerty keyboard phones and I am trying to figure out if there is a pay-as-you-go type service where I can use a Blackberry.

I don't really use a lot of the features of the typical smartphone, it's mainly talking and text, so I really don't want to get involved with contracts and $100 a month bills. But I would really like to have a traditional Blackberry style device.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance offered. Thank you.
    01-18-17 03:10 PM
    Decide on what service works best in your area - major carrier, then see what prepaids use that service.

You would probably have a better chance with a PRIV being compatible over any of the BB10 phones... but I know some have been able to use theirs on different services.

Anyway once you select a service, then a phone.... do some searches to see if they work together (recently).
    01-18-17 03:23 PM
    I would love to get a Blackberry, I really like having a keyboard and the security aspects are very appealing. I had a poor quality Blackberry type of phone that has recently died, and used that with TracFone. Now TracFone offers no qwerty keyboard phones and I am trying to figure out if there is a pay-as-you-go type service where I can use a Blackberry.

I don't really use a lot of the features of the typical smartphone, it's mainly talking and text, so I really don't want to get involved with contracts and $100 a month bills. But I would really like to have a traditional Blackberry style device.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance offered. Thank you.
    You neglected to say where in the world you are located, but speaking from experience Bell will or would gear people up with a minimal plan that would only give access to phone and texting for less than $50.00 a month.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-18-17 03:24 PM