Hello all,
    New to the site and forum, so here goes! I have a Z10 and Playbook. Both are great and used often. My office has a brother MFC-9130cw wireless printer/scanner. Is there an app for this printer that is compatible with my bbrys? The ones listed on the Brother website aren't found on the BlkBry app site. thanks!
    09-16-14 09:45 AM
    jake84

I believe the app you should be looking for should be the Printer to Go BlackBerry App.
    It should connect

I hope am right, as I have a Brother Printer, which is not a wireless edition, but I believe I have printed but my print had to go to my PC first.
    You may be at an advantage, due to your printer being wireless.

Let us know if that works for you.

Good Luck

jtvberry
    09-16-14 10:19 AM
    You can try PrintHand. It's a little pricey at $5.99 but there is a free version that will let you test the app with your printer. I've had good luck with quite a few printers with it, though I haven't tried any Brother models. You might also be able to install the Android Brother printing app from Snap, but if your BlackBerry is on BES, that won't work.

Also, this will app works with any kind of network printer. It does NOT have to be wireless. I cringe every time someone asks a printing question on the forums and get back a response that their printer has to be wireless to work with most apps. Almost any app will work with a printer that's pulling an IP address, since TCP/IP is the same process via wireless that it is on Ethernet.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:24 AM
    The Android App is avaible in Snap and works fine on my Z10

Posted with my awesome Z10
    09-17-14 08:42 AM
    The android app Brother iPrint&Scan works great from my Playbook (older version of this app) and with my z10 (newest version of the app).
    --for Playbook version 1.08.01 is needed
    ---for z10 version is 1.15.3
    p.s. I have the MFC-7840W
    09-17-14 08:47 AM
    Is Snap the one in BB World by Ramya about taking pictures? Still new to all the app things.
    09-18-14 10:06 AM
    Is Snap the one in BB World by Ramya about taking pictures? Still new to all the app things.
    No You have to sideload snap it's here in the forum search for Android apps Snap.
    It Will help You to get snap. Then You can download Android apps trough a sort of Google Playstore. Hope I helped You out

Posted with my awesome Z10
    09-18-14 04:04 PM
    That's a big help. thanks again!
    09-19-14 10:12 AM