Bought my bb passport recently and tried the sim card it would not read it,tried a few more still wont read them, the network briefly came on before it got lost again I ma wondering did this happen to anyone else as if it is losing some connection with the sim card, everything else works just fine.
    Thanks
    10-31-16 10:47 PM
    Some carriers want you to "register" your device with the SIM card and you actually have to call them before it starts working.
    To verify if the SIM card is being detected, get on WiFi and use the BlackBerry store to download BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert).
    Launch BBVE
    Select Network & Connectivity Tests
    The next screen will show both SIM Presence (Inserted or not) and SIM Status.
    You can go from there.
    Hope this helps.
    Bought my bb passport recently and tried the sim card it would not read it,tried a few more still wont read them, the network briefly came on before it got lost again I ma wondering did this happen to anyone else as if it is losing some connection with the sim card, everything else works just fine.
    Thanks
    Could be a faulty Sim card slot but make sure you are not using a sim adapter or cut down simcard.
    Where did you buy device? You may want to consider a return or exchsnge.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:36 AM
    Some carriers want you to "register" your device with the SIM card and you actually have to call them before it starts working.
    To verify if the SIM card is being detected, get on WiFi and use the BlackBerry store to download BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert).
    Launch BBVE
    Select Network & Connectivity Tests
    The next screen will show both SIM Presence (Inserted or not) and SIM Status.
    You can go from there.
    Hope this helps.
    11-01-16 07:30 AM
    Yeah, I was so excited to get my Passport that I cut my simcard down and if not inserted just right it will not read properly.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-01-16 11:13 AM
    you made me laugh. i didn't know people were doing that. ;-)
    11-01-16 02:57 PM
    you made me laugh. i didn't know people were doing that. ;-)
    Some carriers do provide punch out Sims which can be shaped according to device needs....Blackberry discourages that type of installation.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 03:17 PM
    Some carriers do provide punch out Sims which can be shaped according to device needs....Blackberry discourages that type of installation.

Posted via CB10
    Come to think of it...I have seen this "punch-out" version once when working on someone else's phone. It was almost coming out of the perforation on it's own! (Glad I stopped fiddling with it..haha).
    11-02-16 07:37 AM
    I've cut simcards a few times, then got adapters to make them bigger again. Use a sharp scissors and don't be in a hurry. Sometimes you still need to call the carrier but for me usually it just takes longer for the sim card to figure out where it is and then it's fine.
    11-02-16 10:06 AM