is the bold 9900 the same as a feature phone (dumb phone) today. it can still do all the functions of a feature phone yet have a full qwerty keyboard (and slightly more). I've been thinking of getting a dumb phone to cut down using my smartphone so much and start doing other things in life besides looking at a screen. What do you think?
    02-15-17 03:47 PM
    is the bold 9900 the same as a feature phone (dumb phone) today. it can still do all the functions of a feature phone yet have a full qwerty keyboard (and slightly more). I've been thinking of getting a dumb phone to cut down using my smartphone so much and start doing other things in life besides looking at a screen. What do you think?
    I like the idea and good for you! Although you have more willpower than I do
    02-15-17 06:44 PM
    The Bold can call, text, and browse, and still has a number of working apps. There's a list of working apps stickied in the Bold 9900 forum. How much more it will do depends on whether you have BIS.

If you're attempting to cut your smartphone use, it should be fine, although you can still have Facebook, twitter, and other time wasters if you want. The Q10 would be good too, and has the advantage of better email support without BIS.

Sent from mTalk
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-15-17 07:54 PM
    I have a Bold 9780 that I use as a backup when I don't want to carry my Passport, and it works perfectly for calling and texting (and weather).
    If I don't need the browser I hardly miss the Passport.
    02-16-17 12:34 PM
    Don't know that you can active a Bold without a data plan... so you'll have to pay for a smartphone, without all the modern smartphone features.

I do know many that spend too much time on Games are Social media, and ignore the world around them... Just delete the Apps.
    02-16-17 03:52 PM
    I'm on T-Mo. I just had to log into my profile page and turn on the data plan. There was no charge for it.
    02-16-17 03:56 PM
    I use it as my desk clock. A wonderful device. Of course there is a sim with bis in it but I dont use it as my main phone. Its just my old phone number and a decoration for my ceo desk. Yeahhh.

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    02-16-17 04:18 PM