I'm guessing I'm not the only person, but Blend doesn't work. Open it, connects to my device, loses connection, repeats. Is there anything I can do? Or just wait for BlackBerry to update it?

Z10 running official 10.3.1 and Windows 8.1

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:36 PM
    Is it the most up to date version you are running,

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...IbSSpT1HAU6ADg
    02-23-15 07:38 PM
    Is it the most up to date version you are running,

Yes my blend software is up to date

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:44 PM
    Is your BlackBerry a personal device or work provided?

Posted via CB10 app and BlackBerry Passport 
    02-24-15 07:40 AM
    Is your BlackBerry a personal device or work provided?

Posted via CB10 app and BlackBerry Passport 
    Personal

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:20 PM
    Blend on my Passport has just stopped working too, it used to work fine before, now I've tried everything, software update, connecting via usb but nothing.. has something changed?
    04-08-15 11:00 AM
    Have you tried turning blend off on the phone and then back on? Or in device connections, turn it off and then back on.
    04-08-15 11:07 AM
    Have you tried turning blend off on the phone and then back on? Or in device connections, turn it off and then back on.
    Yes I did both of those, no luck.
    04-08-15 11:18 AM
    Yes I did both of those, no luck.
    I was having the issue for a bit too. Can't remember exactly what I did. Maybe I turned those all off on the phone. Hooked it up usb, link was working with it, unplugged and then turned them back on. It has been working since over wifi.
    04-08-15 01:04 PM
    I have exactly the same issue. And I have tried quite a few things: disable the firewall on the Blend app, disable the anti-virus on the Internet connection that my pc is using ,etc with no luck. I am using Windows 7 and I hoped that the latest official OS (10.3.1.2708) will take care of it but it didnt. I have updated to the latest blend version also and still nothing...

Edit: I am not sure if it's related to the "WiFi limited connectivity" issue at all but some times when blend disconnects I also noticed that I was getting that error. But certainly I don't find this issue every time I get disconnected.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:19 PM
    some times when blend disconnects I also noticed that I was getting that error. But certainly I don't find this issue every time I get disconnected.
    At least you can connect, I've tried again after a while (since someone said not sure what they did but the problem disappeared) and I still can't connect, anyone got to the bottom of this issue?
    04-18-15 04:02 AM
    Did any of you add a drive to your computer?
    04-18-15 06:04 AM
    Yes, I did! Now you made me curious, I am waiting for a few more details regarding how could this affect Blend...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 08:47 PM
    Yes, I did! Now you made me curious, I am waiting for a few more details regarding how could this affect Blend...

Posted via CB10
    I can't remember which drive letter it is but if it's a certain drive blend won't work. Let me see if I can find the thread.
    04-20-15 10:22 PM
    It seems that there's been a development.

I have the same problem of Blend not wanting to start. It also happens that Link could not sign into my BBID.

But the previous version of Link can sign in (even after uninstalling the new Blend/Link and reloading the previous Link, I could sign in again) - so something was up with the new version.

Over at the BB Support forums, there is a running thread about this, and someone from BB actually got involved. Logs were sent, and for a while no one could seem to figure it out.

Here is the thread...

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/td-p/3033759

Today, we got a possible answer - and it seems to work for those that have already tried it. I haven't yet - not at home to check, but the specific issue that seems to the problem does occur on my machine.

By the way, I see some posts here about loading Blend without Link. I was never able to do that. In all my attempts at loading/unloading/registry cleaning/reloading, Blend automatically loaded up Link every time - and there was no option to de-select it as the option was always grayed out.

Anyway, the apparent issue is... having a drive mapped to "R". Somehow it was messing up the internal installation process if there was a drive letter "R:\" mapped - either a network, or as I know in my case, one of my optical drives. Back when I was asked to send additional log files from Blend, including some additional files buried in folders all over my drive, I found that I didn't even have half of the folders and related files being requested. It seemed that I was actually missing half of the Blend installation. Those that have already remapped whatever drive they had mapped to "R" to something else, and then ran a re-installation of Blend/Link, now reports that Blend works.

As I said, I'll try it when I get home later this evening. Here's hoping that it works, and maybe will help others here. I will report back if it does work for me.
    04-20-15 10:27 PM
    I personally have no R drive, but I see my OS has just been updated so maybe it might work again, I'll try soon.
    04-21-15 04:51 AM
    Thanks for the update!
    I will check the R drive but I don't believe that I have it mapped on the work laptop. I have for sure an external hard disk mapped to D, and network folders mapped to Y, X, T, and U. I will take a look tomorrow but I don't believe that this could be the issue as I have tried with my personal laptop and I got into the same issues. I do believe that it is phone/OS related.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stef007; 04-23-15 at 05:07 PM.
    04-21-15 09:59 PM
    I do believe that it is phone/OS related.
    Me too, I just re-tried after the software update and it's still not working. No R drive either.
    04-23-15 03:55 AM
    I did check and as I suspected I don't have any R drive mapped. This is happening for me on 2 separate laptops and I even tried my Q10 and I have the same issues. I would love to have it working properly but until a fix is announced by BlackBerry I will save the energy and stop investigating.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 05:06 PM
    You might be waiting for awhile but hope not.
    04-23-15 07:08 PM