I am not creating another thread on the Z10 issue where it will not charge to 100%. Mine does not and as it's brand new, I should have to fuss around to get it to charge to 100%. There a million threads on this and I cannot seem to find a definitive answer. Some say this is by design, others have offered a million solutions. I'm curious to know what Blackberry has said about this but cannot find anything. Anyone have any info?
    08-21-14 02:48 PM
    As I've been reading through the forums. Many are saying that it's a known issue, okay, does that mean everyone is fine with their phone not charging to 100%? That's why I'm looking for a response from BlackBerry.
    08-23-14 10:22 AM
    Why don't you write directly to them?
    08-23-14 10:41 AM
    Your phone is charging all the way, it's just that the software is confused. Search on crackerry for battery calibration threads and follow the instructions

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:03 AM
    I am not creating another thread on the Z10 issue where it will not charge to 100%. Mine does not and as it's brand new, I should have to fuss around to get it to charge to 100%. There a million threads on this and I cannot seem to find a definitive answer. Some say this is by design, others have offered a million solutions. I'm curious to know what Blackberry has said about this but cannot find anything. Anyone have any info?
    One tip. This worked for me. Try it.

If your phone stops charging at 80 percent or 90 percent or whatever, just remove it from the wall charger and plug it into a PC. It should go to 100 percent within minutes. Next time you charge using a wall charger it should reach 100 percent easily.

P.S. If you let you phone die, you may have to do this procedure again. Try to charge it when it drops to 20 percent and don't remove it from the charger until it's complete.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:36 AM
    Your phone is charging all the way, it's just that the software is confused. Search on crackerry for battery calibration threads and follow the instructions

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I have searched all over Crackberry and I'm not looking for a way to calibrate the battery. I'm just looking for Blackberry's stance on the Z10's software being "confused."
    08-23-14 01:04 PM
    Why don't you write directly to them?
    I have emailed them so I'm waiting on a response. I don't have any social media so an email is the best way for me to reach them
    08-23-14 01:05 PM
    One tip. This worked for me. Try it.

If your phone stops charging at 80 percent or 90 percent or whatever, just remove it from the wall charger and plug it into a PC. It should go to 100 percent within minutes. Next time you charge using a wall charger it should reach 100 percent easily.

P.S. If you let you phone die, you may have to do this procedure again. Try to charge it when it drops to 20 percent and don't remove it from the charger until it's complete.

Posted via CB10
    This has worked for me. But all in all. I'm not necessarily looking for a fix like this.
    08-23-14 01:07 PM
    I shouldn't have to unplug and plug into a PC. I shouldn't have to calibrate it. It should just charge to 100% right off the bat. I appreciate all of the responses. It's just not what I'm looking for. I'm wondering what Blackberry has to say about software being confused, or recalibration.
    08-23-14 01:08 PM
    Well, I have had my Z10 since the day it came out, and not a single issue.

I don't like OTA updates, I don't like non destructive ways of loading an OS to my device.

So... there are things you can do to help yourself.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-23-14 01:12 PM
    Well, I have had my Z10 since the day it came out, and not a single issue.

I don't like OTA updates, I don't like non destructive ways of loading an OS to my device.

So... there are things you can do to help yourself.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    What do you mean?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-14 11:34 PM