I want to backup and reload my z10 device on my windows xp laptop but it says i need to install blackberryncm.sys from floppy disk etc. And in BlackBerry Link it says it can't recognized my device and 'please make sure that your device is turn on' while i still can access the files inside in My Computer using mass storage (means nothing's wrong with the USB cable). Does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 03:13 PM
    I want to backup and reload my z10 device on my windows xp laptop but it says i need to install blackberryncm.sys from floppy disk etc. And in BlackBerry Link it says it can't recognized my device and 'please make sure that your device is turn on' while i still can access the files inside in My Computer using mass storage (means nothing's wrong with the USB cable). Does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    To be honest with you I didn't read all your question, but if you're asked to install a program from a floppy disk in 2015 then some things not right.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    06-21-15 04:01 AM
    I did read your entire question, and it sounds like your install of Link has corrupted itself and you're missing some of the core driver files. Try removing Link and re-installing it. Make sure you also have the latest version of all of the C++ modules it uses. While XP, the operating system, isn't supported anymore (and you should consider a more modern operating system as soon as possible), any Microsoft components like C++ or Office will still get updates pushed. Between those two you should be able to get your computer to see your device.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 07:30 AM
    I did read your entire question, and it sounds like your install of Link has corrupted itself and you're missing some of the core driver files. Try removing Link and re-installing it. Make sure you also have the latest version of all of the C++ modules it uses. While XP, the operating system, isn't supported anymore (and you should consider a more modern operating system as soon as possible), any Microsoft components like C++ or Office will still get updates pushed. Between those two you should be able to get your computer to see your device.

Posted via CB10
    So i need to upgrade my windows first for example to windows Vista right? Next i need to reinstall the BlackBerry Link isn't it? I will try it thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:38 PM
    To be honest with you I didn't read all your question, but if you're asked to install a program from a floppy disk in 2015 then some things not right.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah maybe i should do the reinstall things

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:39 PM
    Windows 7, at least. 10 preview if you're feeling up to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:54 PM
    So i need to upgrade my windows first for example to windows Vista right? Next i need to reinstall the BlackBerry Link isn't it? I will try it thanks

Posted via CB10
    If you have some kind of reason to keep the current OS on the machine, then just confirm that you have all current updates installed. Long term, I'd look at getting Windows 7 on the machine, or checking the Windows 8 upgrade adviser to see if the computer has the correct specs to run Windows 8 or 10 and going that route. XP support for just about anything is drying up faster and faster every month.
    07-10-15 08:19 AM
    Okay guys i will try with windows 7 then.. but i don't know if my laptop is strong enough for Windows 7 since it was an old one lol.. but will try anyway thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:32 PM