I have a brand new (1 week old) Z30 device (middle east region) and I'm using this overseas. I have observed a fast battery drain on the device. I can barely make it for a day. I checked device monitor and the top apps using battery is system and display. Whether I'm on 2G, 3G or 4G its the same. I'm unable to return the device at the moment. I recently updated the device from 10.0.1 to 10.2.1 but still its the same. Any ideas will be highly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    joeragan likes this.
    12-21-14 09:14 PM
    There are really 1000 threads the same as this one. Try a thread search and you will find your answer.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:34 PM
    There's this thing called Indexing that occurs when you update your OS which is when emails and info is being synced onto your device after a recent updated and it usually is a culprit for battery drains and can last up to two weeks.

And if display is taking up a lot, then you might want to put on a black wallpaper and activate as many dark themes as you can on the device considering that it does have an AMOLED display.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    12-21-14 09:36 PM
    I have tried many threads as much as possible but no one worked for me. The only option is returning which is hard for me to do at the moment

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:08 AM
    There's this thing called Indexing that occurs when you update your OS which is when emails and info is being synced onto your device after a recent updated and it usually is a culprit for battery drains and can last up to two weeks.

And if display is taking up a lot, then you might want to put on a black wallpaper and activate as many dark themes as you can on the device considering that it does have an AMOLED display.

But all of my emails and accounts are seemed to be completely synced. Should I calibrate the battert? If so how?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:09 AM
    But all of my emails and accounts are seemed to be completely synced. Should I calibrate the battert? If so how?

Posted via CB10
    If you think that battery miscalibration is the culprit, then try these steps.

1. Run the battery down until the device dies.
    2. Remove the battery and leave out for five minutes.
    3. Insert the battery and charge it up to 100%.

Unless your device dies before hitting 0%, then I don't believe miscalibration is the problem.

-----

You might want to practice proper charging times. It can show results in battery life.

Lithium-Ion batteries may experience damage when is stressed (Run down to 0 too often). There's no harm in charging too often, and when you can.
    Recommended time of charge 25%-40%.

If this doesn't work for you after a proper practice of a week, consider my other tip posted above of activating dark themes and using a predominantly black wallpaper.

the_radeon likes this.
    12-22-14 03:39 AM