Having a problem....BB Z10 will not communicate with BB Link Software. It shows that the device is connected via usb but I cannot communicate with it. I just want to get my contacts off of the device to back it up. I reloaded BB Link software. I tried multiple usb cables. I powered the device on and off. I restarted the laptop. The only thing it will let me do is RELOAD but that will erase my personal info....not exactly what I'm looking to do

What am I missing? Is there something fundamentally wrong here? Can somebody help? Called BB and they had the nerve to tell me to call my service provider for support!!! WTH?? HELP....PLEASE!!!!
    07-16-14 09:00 PM
    Do you have any ridiculously over ambitious anti-virus software running that might be blocking USB connections? If so, try disabling it temporarily.
    07-16-14 10:33 PM
    Save yourself the headaches and get the app "Backup Pro" from BlackBerry World. Here is what one user had to say:

"Thank God for developers like these guys. Backed up Remember etc simply, easily where Link in Windows Xp, Mac, Device Switch, BlackBerry Protect, etc all failed.

Backup Pro accomplished in a few keystrokes where others failed after 24 ~ 48 hours of effort!"

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:28 PM
    No antivirus software except whatever MS Windows provides. The next thing I'm going to try is going to be unintalling and reinstalling Link.
    07-25-14 12:11 AM
    If you have wifi on and connected on your z10 then your phone will connect with LINK but you won't be able to do anything. I have the same issue. Just turn off wifi and even network if that helps and then connect, you won't have any issues

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:14 AM
    I followed the instructions at the end of this link that is posted in this thread. It is a BB official website instruction: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...please-923931/.

Now Link will not communicate with my device AT ALL. I get a message "Cannot Communicate with Device. Try reconnecting your device to your computer. If the device doesn't response, click Reload. Blackberry Link will restore your device to factory settings by reinstalling the device software."

Is that really the only way to deal with this? My Z30 has been telling me its full all the time notwithstanding my 64 GB card. Maybe I should do a reinstall anyway.
    07-25-14 12:23 AM
    But you weren't getting that error message so why would you try that fix.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:27 AM