I have blackberry Z10. About 12 days ago while being on vacation I received a software update. Despite having a lousy Internet connection I decided to go through with it. The update never completed itself and the next day I realised I had lost all of my pictures , the ones taken with my camera. All pictures that were downloaded were saved. All of my pictures were saved in the device, not the media card. They were in the file device/camera. I also could not take any new pictures, they were not saved anywhere. It kept saying there is a problem with the camera app. And no I didn't have a back up file. This problem was restored by itself, I don't know how. It does take new pictures and it does save them. I also need to mention that when my pics were lost there was also a problem with the media card that was not detected. I fixed that by removing it, wiping it, replacing it and restarting. It seemed that all problems were fixed. But the pictures are all gone. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 07:54 AM
    By the way my current version is 10.3.1.1779

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 07:55 AM
    You cannot restore lost files from device memory. Sorry.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-31-15 08:09 AM
    Thanks...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 09:28 AM
    In the future, make sure you set up Box or Dropbox sync for all your photos. It's easy and totally works in the background.

08-31-15 09:39 AM
    I was hoping that my pictures were somewhere out there in the cyberspace...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 09:42 AM
    In the future, make sure you set up Box or Dropbox sync for all your photos. It's easy and totally works in the background.

Good advice. Also get a high quality SD card and save the pictures to it. And sync your media to your computer with BlackBerry Link for good measure. Also back up your phone regularly. I realize that this is locking the barn door after the horses are gone, but it might help someone else.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.3.2.858
    08-31-15 12:34 PM
    I was hoping that my pictures were somewhere out there in the cyberspace...

Posted via CB10
    They are, only they cannot be retrieved. The only simple alternative, is the one people quite often ignore. A simple back up.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 01:36 PM
    You can restore it by connecting to pc.. via restore app on Windows. Search it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:29 AM
    I have blackberry Z10. About 12 days ago while being on vacation I received a software update. Despite having a lousy Internet connection I decided to go through with it. The update never completed itself and the next day I realised I had lost all of my pictures , the ones taken with my camera. All pictures that were downloaded were saved. All of my pictures were saved in the device, not the media card. They were in the file device/camera. I also could not take any new pictures, they were not saved anywhere. It kept saying there is a problem with the camera app. And no I didn't have a back up file. This problem was restored by itself, I don't know how. It does take new pictures and it does save them. I also need to mention that when my pics were lost there was also a problem with the media card that was not detected. I fixed that by removing it, wiping it, replacing it and restarting. It seemed that all problems were fixed. But the pictures are all gone. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:30 AM