Hi guys,

I just brought my BlackBerry z10 a week ago. Recently I been having a camera issue that when I press camera button the app comes up but then states "the camera can't be started " and also been having a battery issue. I would charge the battery to 100% and then after a hour or less it's drained to 0% but does not die or shut off. I was just walking around for about 2 hours with a 0% battery but it did not shut off and the camera keeps causing trouble and I have to restart the phone to get it to work . Can anyone assist me on this problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:41 AM
    Hi guys,

I just brought my BlackBerry z10 a week ago. Recently I been having a camera issue that when I press camera button the app comes up but then states "the camera can't be started " and also been having a battery issue. I would charge the battery to 100% and then after a hour or less it's drained to 0% but does not die or shut off. I was just walking around for about 2 hours with a 0% battery but it did not shut off and the camera keeps causing trouble and I have to restart the phone to get it to work . Can anyone assist me on this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

The first problem I had faced initially. I figured out the problem then. What I had done atleast twice was that I tried clicking a picture in HDR and it asked me to hold for few seconds and never came back...in a haste I minimized camera app and closed it down and then the camera did not function till I restarted, it used to give me the 'camera cannot be started' notice. Are you doing something similar?

your second issue exists, it is a problem with battery calibration. What I did was I let the battery drain fully and let the phone shut entirely. After some time I took the battery off and kept it for 10 mins. After putting it in, I pressed the power button for sometime again just to make sure if it had some power left, but it didnt...after that when I put the charger in, it started to boot and after boring it sat at 6% power and then I let it charge...this solved the problem for me. Have you tried doing this??

On my awesome Zed 10!
    07-05-14 01:57 AM
    1. Camera Problem
    These are infamously known for being caused by Android apps that are still in control of the camera whether or not you know it.
    This can be solved either by downloading the TaskManager app and shutting down Android apps that stay active in the background, or just rebooting the device.

2. Battery Life
    You seem to have a miscalibrated battery. You can solve this in a few ways.
    One way would be to let it run down and dry, and let it die out, then just recharge it back to 100%.
    You can also turn of the device, remove the battery, and leave it out for a good five minutes.
    Sometimes, a simple reboot can solve the trick.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    07-05-14 02:01 AM
    Thanks I am trying to let it die out so the battery and device can sync but the battery is holding out strong for the last 10 plus hours. The camera issue might be the instagram app. I will delete it and start over.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks I am trying to let it die out so the battery and device can sync but the battery is holding out strong for the last 10 plus hours. The camera issue might be the instagram app. I will delete it and start over.

Posted via CB10
    Turn on Mobile Data to make it die noticeably faster. Turn on hot spot and it'll die in less than two hours.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    07-05-14 11:05 AM