So, I stuck with this... It's definitely an BlackBerry World issue, because my PayPal account works just fine. I'm on 10.3.0.1418 with my Passport, but the payment problem was already there when I had my Z10 (no leak was installed). And I have to say, it starts to get really annoying. I'm happy with my device, no doubt. But that's a deal-breaker... There is a lack of apps, but I knew that and was fine with it since I'm not using tons of it. And now I'm not even able to purchase the few I need? Has anyone a solution? I even wrote BlackBerry a few Mails, but nobody over there seems to feel responsible. Since I'm a student, Credit Card is no option for me. I'm so frustrated, because I've tried anything what people suggested in related threads. Seems to be a common problem and looks like it, that BlackBerry doesn't really care.
    BlackBerry World PayPal Issue-img_20150101_180628.png

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-01-15 12:00 PM
    I'm no expert with BBWorld or payment options but the few times I've used it, Paypal works fine for me. I tried the other way by having it billed straight to my AT&T account but that failed, so I went paypal, no issues. So at least consider that it's not some global problem with BBW and PP.

Richard
    Eve LeTa likes this.
    01-01-15 12:15 PM
    Thank you Richard. Since it works for most people, it's probably some issue they are not able to figure out themselves. But at least they could reply and give a heads up, that they are working on it. Maybe somebody else here has a suggestion for me, what might help. To be totally honest, it seems hopeless

But who knows, maybe the CrackBerry Nation has still something to offer, like they do so many times.

Keep up the good work everybody.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:20 PM
    This is a common issue encountered by several users. In one of the threads, I remember Bla1ze suggested purchasing through BBW on Web, but now it routes it to the BBW itself.

Do you have the option to get a prepaid debit card?

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-01-15 01:26 PM
    Exactly, purchasing it through BlackBerry World on the web is not possible anymore.
    I thought about it to get one. But then it came to my mind, that it can't be the right thing to do, especially because I don't want a prepaid debit card. I simply don't understand, why BlackBerry doesn't clear things up, so people know what to do. At least to the ones, who contacted them. Maybe I'd change my mind about getting a prepaid debit card. But like this, I probably won't.

Thank you umaima.b.zia.

Has anybody else some suggestions or maybe news about BlackBerry working on it?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:54 PM
    But like this, I probably won't.
    I don't think that's the best approach to the situation, unless you're OK with using non-BlackBerry devices or not purchasing apps.

or maybe news about BlackBerry working on it?
    Haven't come across a news piece... it's not regarded as an issue by BlackBerry as yet :P

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-01-15 02:05 PM
    go to your paypal account and go to the preapproved payments section, remove the blackberry preapproved option then try the purchase again....I had same issue with other vendor..hope this helps
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-01-15 02:18 PM
    I know, I have to think what's more important to me. I think for now I stick with the 'can't purchase apps' way. At least until the OS gets updated (probably February), because who knows, they might fix it.

You are right, it obviously wasn't

But I'm going to switch carriers soon, so maybe I'll be able to purchase them this way. Let's hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-01-15 02:22 PM
    I got that back in September when I tried to order a case holder for the passport before it was released. Very odd because my Paypal worked for everything I was ordering. So I told them to cancel it then and ordered from Tetded.

Funnily enough I've bought apps and a cover for a Z10 since then thru BBW via PayPal and had no problems. I think they just didn't have the case in stock at the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:25 PM
    Have you refreshed bbw?
    01-01-15 02:27 PM
    From my experience, a few months ago PayPal payments were only working if the PayPal account had a credit/debit card associated with it.

I described here what I had to do to make PayPal payments work again (a credit/debit card was necessary): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-952370/
    01-01-15 02:30 PM
    No, that didn't work for me.

But thank you anyway theotherjoeboy.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:31 PM
    How do I refresh BlackBerry World? I didn't try that? It might work for me.

Thank you kbz1960.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:42 PM
    How do I refresh BlackBerry World? I didn't try that? It might work for me.

Thank you kbz1960.

Posted via CB10
    In BlackBerry World app: swipe down from the top > Settings > General > Refresh BlackBerry World
    kbz1960 and Eve LeTa like this.
    01-01-15 02:45 PM
    Friends of mine are using PayPal without credit card as well and they are not experiencing any issues, so that can't be it. And the BlackBerry World website is having an 'Internal Server Error', so I'm not even able to sign into my account.

Thank you for your help serbanescu.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:47 PM
    In BlackBerry World app: swipe down from the top > Settings > General > Refresh BlackBerry World
    Just refreshed it, but still no progress on that matter.

Thanks for the tip, that's good to know.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-01-15 02:52 PM