Hi folks,

Something happened recently which really seriously annoys me, and I would like some advice.

I purchased an app via BlackBerry World on my Z10 a few days ago. It was priced on-screen at EUR 0.89. The actual price debited from my phone was EUR 1.71 , which is an increase of 80%.

I have since noticed complaints in the reviews for other apps where other users have experienced the same problem - money greater than the indicated purchase price being debited from their accounts.

Surely this is not legal? At the very least, isn't it unethical? How can this happen on BB World? I have never noticed this with any other app purchase I have made (I frequently purchase via iTunes, Googleplay, Amazon app store and what I see is what I pay, and it has also not happened with earlier BB World purchases). Normally, when shopping online I am told up front if there are any additional service charges to be applied, and I get to approve them at checkout.

I don't want to give back the app, but on principle I will (once I know how to get my money back!). When I see a purchase price, I trust that what I see is what it will cost me; I don't expect someone to take more than the agreed amount of money from my account.

So - how do I complain? Has anyone else noticed this? It can't be acceptable, can it?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
    CMonkey
    10-18-14 12:06 PM
    I would suggest you get a refund ASAP, and if the refund process asks why, put this in the explanation. It's not right.
    10-18-14 12:28 PM
    Thank you raino,
    How do I apply for a refund? I found a "refund support" section on the BlackBerry website, but the terms & conditions state that the policy is not to provide a refund. Should I write to the developer?

CMonkey
    10-18-14 12:42 PM
    How do I apply for a refund? I found a "refund support" section on the BlackBerry website, but the terms & conditions state that the policy is not to provide a refund. Should I write to the developer?
    If you purchased the app using Paypal or your credit card, try this: https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    10-18-14 12:45 PM
    Thanks again raino! Much appreciated. I'll post back here to let folks know how I get on.

If anyone else has had this experience, please post here too - if its not an isolated problem (and from what I've seen in reviews, I think it happened to several others) maybe BlackBerry can do something about it.
    10-18-14 01:50 PM
    Is it possible that there were taxes added onto the purchase price? I would have thought that any VAT would be included in the price, but does your email receipt from BlackBerry World show any other charges along with the app?
    10-20-14 12:55 PM
    Is it possible that there were taxes added onto the purchase price? I would have thought that any VAT would be included in the price, but does your email receipt from BlackBerry World show any other charges along with the app?
    Even if VAT wasn't included in the price, 80%?
    10-20-14 12:58 PM
    Thanks again raino! Much appreciated. I'll post back here to let folks know how I get on.

If anyone else has had this experience, please post here too - if its not an isolated problem (and from what I've seen in reviews, I think it happened to several others) maybe BlackBerry can do something about it.
    This happened with one of users once. I had raised the price of the app, and the payments server updated before BlackBerry World did. So user was seeing outdated price when he purchased. I just asked him to email BlackBerry and they refunded the extra amount.

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-20-14 04:15 PM