Is the whatsapp after 2016 will work but with no support? Or it will not work at all?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 07:54 AM
    Current indications are it won't work.... as they are saying they are shutting down access to the servers.

We will only know for sure when it happens. If WhatsApp is important to you, I'd be making a plan B just in case.
    08-05-16 08:18 AM
    It wont work, but dont worry you can install whatsapp for android, you might have a bug sending files but you can fix it installing from beta zone the "fixer" app from ninja cell and whatsapp will fully work.

Posted via CB10
    bashar hanini likes this.
    08-05-16 08:23 AM
    This whatsapp questions shud be automatically linked to previous questions which are answered..

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    08-05-16 08:36 AM
    Current indications are it won't work.... as they are saying they are shutting down access to the servers.

We will only know for sure when it happens. If WhatsApp is important to you, I'd be making a plan B just in case.
    I hope that, actually whatsapp of blackberry is the best of all versions of other OS, and easy than others.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 09:44 AM
    It wont work, but dont worry you can install whatsapp for android, you might have a bug sending files but you can fix it installing from beta zone the "fixer" app from ninja cell and whatsapp will fully work.

Posted via CB10
    Are you SURE about that? You're making a pretty bold statement that may turn out to not be true.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-05-16 10:55 AM
    It is already not working for me. I have a BB Torch 9800 that I got second hand (I know, it is old). WhatsApp was working but then I did a security wipe and after I reinstalled it it says "Unfortunately, WhatsApp no longer supports this phone. Please switch to a supported phone". Why is this happening already?
    08-05-16 02:46 PM
    It is already not working for me. I have a BB Torch 9800 that I got second hand (I know, it is old). WhatsApp was working but then I did a security wipe and after I reinstalled it it says "Unfortunately, WhatsApp no longer supports this phone. Please switch to a supported phone". Why is this happening already?
    You answered your question (most likely) when you said that your device is old. I would bet that support for the legacy devices were dropped by Whatsapp early this year or last year. In the same way that the BB10 devices will (likely) be at the end of this year.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-05-16 02:50 PM
    That explains why whatsapp isn't loading on my Torch I guess

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry whatsapp-img-20160806-wa004.jpg  
    08-07-16 11:04 PM
    Beta version of WhatsApp has worked for some users (including myself), check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1075076

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    08-08-16 01:10 AM