Heya, I have a t-mobile sim only contract, and bought a new blackberry z30 on amazon, I was reading they fell out and do I miss out on certain things?? Like OS updates?

Posted on the underrated Z30
    02-17-15 06:56 PM
    you will get updates connected to SIM but i wouldnt say you are missing out per say. You can always get the OS from the forums as well
    02-17-15 07:06 PM
    You won't be able to make calls over WiFi but that's about all I can think of.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-15 07:08 PM
    You won't be able to make calls over WiFi but that's about all I can think of.

So I can't call people with wifi on? I'm on like a free text up to so much Internet free calls so does it harm?

02-17-15 07:26 PM
    you will get updates connected to SIM but i wouldnt say you are missing out per say. You can always get the OS from the forums as well
    So I won't get updates on my phone unless I do the forum thing??

02-17-15 07:27 PM
    You will get the update pushed by BlackBerry. Your calls will work over WiFi, but not considered WiFi calling if that makes sense?
    02-17-15 07:42 PM
    You will get the update pushed by BlackBerry. Your calls will work over WiFi, but not considered WiFi calling if that makes sense?
    What is wifi calling is it like non covered signal area, where their only wifi to connect to? It won't be any issue then tbh i have great coverage, I was scared thinking I wouldn't get the new OS when it came out, as I thought t-mobile pushed it out

02-17-15 07:46 PM
    What is wifi calling is it like non covered signal area, where their only wifi to connect to? It won't be any issue then tbh i have great coverage, I was scared thinking I wouldn't get the new OS when it came out, as I thought t-mobile pushed it out

That's exactly what WiFi calling is meant for on TMO so you should be fine if your coverage is good.

02-17-15 07:48 PM
    That's exactly what WiFi calling is meant for on TMO so you should be fine if your coverage is good.

Thank god, so does blackberry roll out updates for like the next OS10.3, or does it come through t-mobile?

02-17-15 07:56 PM
    You will see it in your "Software Updates", however, it has not been pushed as of yet.
    WiFi Calling with Tmobile is not using your minutes if you are on that plan. Your calls will work over WiFi if you do not have good coverage
    02-19-15 08:01 AM
    So I will it on software update so t-mobile have nothing to do with it?

02-19-15 08:39 AM
    WiFi Calling with Tmobile is not using your minutes if you are on that plan.
    Actually this is not true on most TMO plans. WiFi calling does use minutes. Now if you're on an unlimited minute plan it's all the same, but for limited minute plans (like prepaid and most grandfathered plans,) WFC does use minutes.
    02-19-15 10:31 AM
    Correction "The WiFi Calling Plan" which is a grandfathered plan
    02-19-15 01:36 PM