I wanted to post here both the problem and its resolution in case someone's desperate Google search lands them here.

In short, I sold my BlackBerry Classic to my brother. Soon after, we discovered that when I created a trip in BlackBerry Travel, all my *alerts* would be duplicated to his phone as well as my new Passport. Not so good for a company whose reputation is built on security!

I opened up a case with BlackBerry and they escalated it internally, eventually directing me to WorldMate, who provide all the back-end which supports BlackBerry Travel. (BlackBerry Travel is essentially a re-skinned WorldMate app.). So what did the problem turn out to be? Basically my old Classic's PIN never was de-registered from the back-end WorldMate service when my Passport was added. Since the alerts (again, not the whole trip details) are PIN-based, my brother would receive the alerts simultaneously as I did on my Passport.

Anyway, all working now. BlackBerry support was awesomely quick and friendly and involved multiple phone follow ups on their part. WorldMate resolved the problem eventually but their responses were glacially slow.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-20-16 03:30 PM
    glad the issue was resolved!
    10-21-16 07:38 AM