My BB Torch 9850 is updating software on desktop manager. the software is installed, but its still "connecting to device(this might take a few minutes)". my BB goes through the startup with the BB logo and loading white bar on the bottom, but then the red light turns on. then it turns off and restarts the startup. Its sort of in a loop. What should i do?
    06-21-15 06:46 PM
    If I remember correctly, you can boot it into "safe mode" by pressing and holding the menu button during start up.

Hopefully it can finish loading and you can then run a security wipe. Make sure you have backed up your data before the wipe though. Just in case you can re-load it, but the issue may re-appear after restoring the backup.
    06-23-15 11:54 AM
    So basically your OS update failed
    You can try to boot into safe mode, but if it's just red light reboot loop it's probably not going to work
    At this point you might want to come to terms that all the data on the phone is lost if you didn't backup before the update (if you updated with the computer, depending on the settings, it often does a limited backup that you have to find)
    Regardless, you can still download an OS, and load it that way, or use BDM restore the factory setting function
    06-23-15 12:00 PM