Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get my first blackberry phone. I've used a sort of "imitation" blackberry for the past year, a Vodafone Smart Chat and really like it; but it's beginning to crash.
    With all the bb's on the market, I have no idea which one to get. It just HAS to be both touchscreen and qwerty keyboard. Is there much difference between the q10 and the classic? Would the 8520 still work, despite being an old model? How do the bolds compare to the newer ones (classic, etc)?
    Also, if I had to get one second-hand, which one would be the best?

Thanks, I hope this made sense.
    01-16-15 11:56 PM
    The difference between the bold with OS7 and the new Classic is the updated specs and BB10 OS is night and day,,, Classic basically replaces the Bold... as for used... would not recommend it as you have no warranty.. so if it breaks a week after you buy it.. you are screwed.... if you have the bucks you could look at a Passport ... top end for BB right now... keyboard is a bit different and is really large.,.. good to have choice,, good luck with whatever you choose....
    01-17-15 12:04 AM
    I haven't used the Classic but that's something I really want to get. It's both qwerty and full touch. It's perfect. I am using a Q10. It's brilliant but I would say that I really miss a toolbelt which the Classic provides.
    And about the older phones, my suggestion would be not to get it. The older OS will be pretty obsolete now and also the bb10 is the best OS ever. You don't want to miss out on that for sure

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    01-17-15 12:06 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get my first blackberry phone. I've used a sort of "imitation" blackberry for the past year, a Vodafone Smart Chat and really like it; but it's beginning to crash.
    With all the bb's on the market, I have no idea which one to get. It just HAS to be both touchscreen and qwerty keyboard. Is there much difference between the q10 and the classic? Would the 8520 still work, despite being an old model? How do the bolds compare to the newer ones (classic, etc)?
    Also, if I had to get one second-hand, which one would be the best?

Thanks, I hope this made sense.
    Buy BlackBerry passport it's really nice....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:08 AM
    BB10 and older OS's are two completely different OS's. Buy the classic for slightly bigger display and better battery life and for the tool belt. Buy the Q10, for its amoled display, better looks, and if you don't want the tool belt. Internal specs wise, both are the same, which is a disappointment since classic costs twice or more than a Q10 and is a newer model too!
    Or get the BlackBerry Passport, the best BlackBerry released till date, and if you don't mind it's size, don't think twice!

Posted via Q10
    01-17-15 12:10 AM
    There is no doubt that legacy devices are very outdated. Unless you're on a budget, there's really no reason to choose them over BlackBerry 10 devices.

BlackBerry 10 has access to more apps, better specs, faster OS, smoother features, and convenience. So I think legacy devices should be cut out of the picture.

Now that we're talking BlackBerry 10, it's also a matter of budget and preference.
    All BlackBerry 10 devices rely on touch unlike a set of old legacy devices, but they perform well.

If you are on a budget, consider:
    BlackBerry Z10
    The original, all-touch BlackBerry 10 device with decent specs and a reportedly horrid battery life (Can be dealt with using a powerbank). 4.2" display.

BlackBerry Z3
    Supposedly a low-cost phone with weaker specs than the Z10. Although, has a bigger 5" screen, it has a very low resolution and it performs unnoticably weaker.

BlackBerry Q10
    The original BlackBerry 10 device with a physical keyboard. Same specs are a Z10 but different hardware. The AMOLED display does have a big change to its battery life and is said to be great.

BlackBerry Q5
    Similar to the relation between the Z10 and Z3, this phone was built solely for the reason of customers on budget. It does in fact perform weaker than the Q10, but the display is very similar in terms of size and resolution.

BUT if a budget is not holding you back, then take a look at:
    BlackBerry Z30
    Bigger, faster than a Z10, although has a slightly lower screen resolution, and the battery does last for a really long time.

Latest Releases
    BlackBerry Passport
    Currently the flagship device and the strongest device of BlackBerry. Has the best specs and a big square display and a thick keyboard under it. A thick device but it's said to perform very well.

BlackBerry Classic
    Main purpose is to bring back the belt that the older devices had (Physical call, drop, back, and BlackBerry button). It does have the same specs as the Q10, but has a bigger display.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-17-15 12:34 AM
    I agree with everyone on here saying to stay away from the old legacy devices. They were very great when they were current but they are significantly dated now and it will show.
    I use the Passport which is an amazing device but, if you aren't looking for anything revolutionary and would rather just a nice upgrade to your current phone, I think the Classic is a really solid choice.
    I would only go for the Q10 if you were on a budget. Although, if you were actually on a budget, the Q5 might be your best option, as it is a solid little phone and will probably give you more bang for your buck. Less quality feel than all the other devices but good performance and an underrated little phone.
    If you have all the options and budget isn't a factor, try out a Passport before you pick up the Classic.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-17-15 12:48 AM