- Hi, I recently made the switch to BB and adore it, but there is a little snag. I am on MetroPCS and wanted a QWERTY phone that would fit all my needs, so I found the Q5 and came to this forum to see if it would work on the Metro PCS network before buying. There were threads of people confirming BB 10s could be used.
After buying the phone only talk/text and Wi-Fi works but can't use my mobile network for browsing the web or any other Internet services! I checked my APN settings using both fast.metropcs.com and fast.t-mobile.com but no success.
I have a $40 unlimited talk/text/web, do I have to upgrade to LTE just for Internet use? I thought data could be used for any 3G/4G band. Please help! Thank you.04-15-15 01:30 PM
- A couple of questions to help get a better understanding of your issue. First, is your Q5 an unlocked phone? Want to make sure that it is not tied to a particular network. Do you have a Metro PCS sim installed in your Q5, and is the phone reading it? Is Metro PCS showing up in the upper right corner of your screen? Is Metro PCS showing up under Mobile Networks? Are you able to make any calls? Did you go to the Metro PCS website and activate your phone. Here's a link if you haven't, in the upper right corner there is a tab for activation:
https://www.metropcs.com/offers/brin...own-phone.html04-15-15 03:20 PM
- Thank you so much, it's so difficult to find help. I reaaaallly like this phone and would hate to give it up (T____T).
1) It is unlocked.
2) I installed a fresh micro Metro PCS SIM
3)It is showing up in the right-hand corner.
4) Metro PCS is showing under Mobile Networks
5) I was able to send and receive calls.
6) I switched my phone talking to customer service but never went to a website....is that the problem? I thought if you just had them switch over your phone that would be it.
Last edited by skinnymike1; 04-15-15 at 05:59 PM.04-15-15 04:47 PM
- Excellent! it sounds like you are almost there! I would contact Metro PCS, and let them know that you are having an issue with internet connectivity. You shouldn't have to go thru the activation process thru their site. Although, I would check the steps on their site to make sure you've got everything covered. I don't use Metro PCS, so I don't know what exactly their APN settings are.04-15-15 05:43 PM
- Excellent! it sounds like you are almost there! I would contact Metro PCS, and let them know that you are having an issue with internet connectivity. You shouldn't have to go thru the activation process thru their site. Although, I would check the steps on their site to make sure you've got everything covered. I don't use Metro PCS, so I don't know what exactly their APN settings are.
So if I call them with questions with my BB they will turn me away. If I go under the guise of another device then I may receive settings that will not work on my cherry red BB .04-16-15 12:37 AM
- 04-16-15 09:47 AMLike 1
- Thank you for your reply, though of course it was not too pretty to hear. If I would be able to acquire these HSPA+ APNs, would browsing/data be significantly slow? And any idea first how I can go about getting and trying out said APNs before returning the phone? I can't go to Metro customer service because they will know I will have a Blackberry.
And as a curious question, if I wanted to travel the world and use this phone, it wouldn't be a good model because of the missing UMTS 1900 band?04-16-15 06:35 PM
1. You'll need to be in a "UMTS 1900" area. These are places where TMO refarmed their 2G to HSPA+. Generally, this is in big cities although not all.
2. You'll need Metro to have access to the UMTS 1900 network. TMO may or may not be allowing Metro phones with the 1900 MHz band to use this network.
Personally, I think #1 is a bigger problem in your situation.
It's not worth it, even if you get UMTS 1900 working. Anytime you left such a place, your phone would drop to 2G. If the Q5 is really what you fancy, try getting the SQR100-1.04-16-15 10:58 PMLike 1
- By Lindsey Wagnon in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 34Last Post: 04-17-15, 09:59 AM
- By prplhze2000 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 04-16-15, 11:18 AM
- By joazz1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-15, 01:26 PM
- By Zoom13 in forum BlackBerry ClassicReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-15, 12:55 PM
- By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-15, 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD