Hello, ALL!

As stated in the question I have a Blackberry Q10, Model SQN100-5 with AT&T SIM (service), I have been trying to update through the carrier, as well, as removing the SIM, to no avail.

AT&T states that I would have to contact Blackberry directly, however, as I go through Blackberry Link and try to update via phone, it states I have the latest update; this being Software version 10.2.1.3062. AT&T also they say they can't provide updates or push updates if it is not their branded device, regardless if it is the same model(something about there being different specs, etc).

Should I contact Blackberry directly? Are there alternatives, without bricking the phone?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    07-20-15 08:12 PM
    OK, so I presume this is a phone branded to at&t? Or is it an unlocked phone branded to another carrier? If branded to at&t you should get their update, and in fact I believe -- legally because this is a mandatory update -- you must get it OTA. If it is branded to another carrier you must wait for that carrier to release their update. If a Shop BBerry phone, etc. you should have gotten it by now. BTW, diddling around with the SIM won't help, leave it in.
    Understandable likes this.
    07-20-15 10:33 PM
    OK, so I presume this is a phone branded to at&t? Or is it an unlocked phone branded to another carrier? If branded to at&t you should get their update, and in fact I believe -- legally because this is a mandatory update -- you must get it OTA. If it is branded to another carrier you must wait for that carrier to release their update. If a Shop BBerry phone, etc. you should have gotten it by now. BTW, diddling around with the SIM won't help, leave it in.
    It is not an A T&T branded device, which is why they said they couldn't provide him the update.

He should contact BlackBerry or update through numerous OS' available here on CrackBerry

Posted with my  Classic
    07-20-15 11:40 PM
    Ok, but is it branded to another carrier (and unlocked of course)? Or a factory unlocked phone?
    07-21-15 08:26 AM
    Ok, but is it branded to another carrier (and unlocked of course)? Or a factory unlocked phone?
    Excellent questions. Hopefully OP comes back with a reply, or better yet hopefully solved his issue already

Posted with my  Classic
    07-21-15 08:43 AM
    The SQN100-5 variant is, to my knowledge, not sold or supported by AT&T. AT&T has the SQN100-1 instead.

The variant and OS version tell me that the device was probably bought hardware unlocked (Shop BlackBerry/Amazon).

In that case, an OTA update should come with the global 10.3.2 rollout.

Alternatively, load 10.3.2 manually via Sachesi/autoloaders.

[Guide] How to do Non-Destructive OS Upgrade with Sachesi
    [Guide] How to Load an OS Using Autoloader

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:00 AM
    Hello, All! Original Poster here! Sorry for the delay.

Yes, the phone is factory unlocked, neither locked to T-Mobile, nor AT&T or another carrier for that matter.

Thanks for the help well in advance, and suggestion so far!
    07-22-15 01:35 AM
    Hello, All! Original Poster here! Sorry for the delay!

No, issue not resolved yet!

Yes, this phone is factory unlocked, not "bounded" to any carrier.

Thank you for your help, so far!
    07-22-15 01:55 AM
    You can update with sachesi program, is very easy and quickly, i already have the 10.3.2 versin and im really really please with the improvements (i have q10)

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 08:19 AM
    '"He" is a she! But, now worries!
    07-22-15 03:16 PM
    Oh, how I wish there was a "reply all" option! Thank you all, once again!

So, I have taken you all's inputs, coupled with a few hours research, and brainstorming, I focused on the the actual model variant of my device (Q10).

As I'm sure this has been covered extensively in the forums and various places on line, my particular Q10, while unlocked (factory unlocked), and unbranded(wasn't unlocked from a carrier, or has carrier software pre-installed, etc.), is variant -5, which according to Wikipedia the only US Carrier with Band 4 is T-mobile. While this shouldn't make a difference whereas a similar variant model can be used to upload the 10.3 OS update via Sachesi, as seen on the Blackberry Support Forums; I run the risk of not being able to use WIFI calling (as those are finding out with their devices using the T-Mobile carrier), as at the present it is not support by this update, also, should I make this update, essentially there is no going back.

AT&T plans to add WIFI calling to their offerings sometime this year, and would like to take advantage of such. So, I figured, I'd wait until they have fully tested the 10.3 OS with WIFI capabilities (on T-Mobile) then proceed with the Sachesi update, or go ahead and update, cross fingers that there will be an update the will allow the WIFI calling on the 10.3 OS with the likes of both carriers if not all, you know where WIFI is applicable, from Blackberry directly.

(Let's just hope Blackberry and T-Mobile have become "friends" again. :-))

Hope this helps someone having the same issues!

Of course, any other insight or updates are welcomed!

(Sorry, I had links to the above, but being a newbie, I am restricted to post and replies, solely.)
    Last edited by Understandable; 07-23-15 at 12:14 AM.
    07-22-15 03:58 PM
    I have same issue. Factory unlocked SQN100-5. This Q10 from Blackberry. Won almost 2 years ago in Blackberry Keys to City Promo. Now have SR 10.3.1.1779. On ATT in Atlanta. Located one mile or so from ATT mobility HQ on Glenridge Dr. Ironic? Can get no update to 10.3.2.xxxx. I will follow this here.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 04:53 PM

AT&T plans to add WIFI calling to their offerings sometime this year, and would like to take advantage of such. So, I figured, I'd wait until they have fully tested the 10.3 OS with WIFI capabilities (on T-Mobile) then proceed with the Sachesi update, or go ahead an update, cross fingers that there will be an update the will allow the WIFI calling on the 10.3 OS with the likes of both carriers if not all, you know where WIFI is applicable, from Blackberry directly.
    Ok, not sure what you're saying, but if you think you can run t-mo wifi-calling software and have it work on another carrier (like at&t), no way. Also, at&t may do what T-mo does, which is make wifi-calling avail only on models they sell and as Thurask pointed out, that's not your phone.
    07-22-15 08:46 PM
    Oh, how I wish there was a "reply all" option!
    There is something even better--multi-quote!

If you are using a desktop browser, there should be five buttons below a post: reply, quote, multi-quote, thanks and like. Multi-quote will allow you to quote multiple posts, and for the last one, you just hit quote and all the quoted posts will show up in your reply. So, for example, if you want to quote posts #2, 3 and 5 of this thread, you would click on 'multi-quote' under posts #2 and 3, and then 'quote' under post #5.

Re: WiFi calling (WFC,) TMO is the only carrier in the world that currently supports it on BB10, and they have two requirements for it to work: #1 you must have a WFC-approved phone (and #2 you must have a WFC-approved OS, which no builds of 10.3.2 are. But if you are on AT&T, they don't support the feature so you won't lose anything vis a vis WFC if you update to 10.3.2.

I would be very, very surprised if AT&T retroactively brings WFC to a 2.5-3 year old phone when they launch it. They barely update their older BB10 phones; the last updates they put out were likely to comply with a law. Also, if they choose the same two requirements TMO has put in place, as pointed out by thurask and scrannel, the -5 would fail #1.
    07-22-15 09:19 PM
    Ok, not sure what you're saying, but if you think you can run t-mo wifi-calling software and have it work on another carrier (like at&t), no way. Also, at&t may do what T-mo does, which is make wifi-calling avail only on models they sell and as Thurask pointed out, that's not your phone.
    Please, there is no need to be forward and seemingly standoffish with your reply--but trusting not to be case... There's nothing wrong with conversation, as I am welcoming it. I am very aware of the variant of the phone that I have, as I have not only stated, but have researched a bit more in depth, also, aforementioned. If there is something you do not understand, no pun intended, please simple say so. I have no problem re-phrasing. Furthermore, of course it is not possible to run one's carrier's software with another, that's not the issue; in theory, I was thinking, that if both phones of yesterday and one's yet to be release are of that -5 variant, the Q10, once it becomes available on WIFI on ATT, USING their "proprietary software" would be able to perform this functionality. Thus, being done because of a certain element that is only available internally with this 10.2xxxx OS version or with an update in 10.3 rendering it possible. As of now many people are reporting issues with WIFI calling on T-Mobile, since the update, which leads me to believe something was left out in R&D when 10.3 was rolled out to T-Mobile. On the Blackberry website, doing a quick search for WIFI calling, does pull up information on the requirements to be able to use this feature, one being the former T-Mobile service, their WIFI APP, and a Q10 device (so the phone is more than capable to perform this task) with previous 10 OS.

There is something even better--multi-quote!

If you are using a desktop browser, there should be five buttons below a post: reply, quote, multi-quote, thanks and like. Multi-quote will allow you to quote multiple posts, and for the last one, you just hit quote and all the quoted posts will show up in your reply. So, for example, if you want to quote posts #2, 3 and 5 of this thread, you would click on 'multi-quote' under posts #2 and 3, and then 'quote' under post #5.

Re: WiFi calling (WFC,) TMO is the only carrier in the world that currently supports it on BB10, and they have two requirements for it to work: #1 you must have a WFC-approved phone (and #2 you must have a WFC-approved OS, which no builds of 10.3.2 are. But if you are on AT&T, they don't support the feature so you won't lose anything vis a vis WFC if you update to 10.3.2.

I would be very, very surprised if AT&T retroactively brings WFC to a 2.5-3 year old phone when they launch it. They barely update their older BB10 phones; the last updates they put out were likely to comply with a law. Also, if they choose the same two requirements TMO has put in place, as pointed out by thurask and scrannel, the -5 would fail #1.
    Raino, you are absolutely awesome! Thank you for sharing this! I was responding from the native app, and seemingly such isn't an option, hopped on the computer...oh, how it is sooo much easier. :-)

Going back to this WIFI Calling scenario, I read recently an article, unfortunately I am unable to link the article because of forum restriction for new comers, that AT&T was in the works to create a proprietary software that is universal in the since, so when and if such a feature is implementable to their service (2015), you would not be bonded to AT&T (only if that's your carrier of choice) but, whenever WIFI was available, in other words, capability with Sprint,T-Mobile,etc.

I'd be surprised as well, but a little wishful thinking, perhaps? As stated on AT&T's website, an update to all Blackberry Q10 users (albeit it, branded), version 10.3.2, was rolled out to customers on June 15, 2015, with preceding updates issued to their customers pretty consistently ( August 27, 2014- 10.2.1.3014; April 16, 2014-10.2.1; June 2, 2013-10.1.0.2121...though, I'm not sure the lapsed time between their release, or shop, and the "leaks"), so it is possible...

And, of course there's the "you can't miss what you never had", however, it would be so useful, where the signal strength isn't as great as purported to be.

I have same issue. Factory unlocked SQN100-5. This Q10 from Blackberry. Won almost 2 years ago in Blackberry Keys to City Promo. Now have SR 10.3.1.1779. On ATT in Atlanta. Located one mile or so from ATT mobility HQ on Glenridge Dr. Ironic? Can get no update to 10.3.2.xxxx. I will follow this here.
    Posted via CB10
    Hey Geo ATL! How were you able to get the first 10.3 update you mentioned? Was it OTA (over-the-air)? Autoloader or Sachesi? Or did you just "wait it out"? This is very interesting, as I still have the 10.2XX version, and it continues to state that I have latest update. I also checked before I signed up for service. Please feel free to join in the conversation.

All-in-all, I really enjoy this phone. At this point I have used all platforms, except for iOS. It brings me back to my days of the TREO 750, which I absolutely adored, until Sprint stop supporting the device, and Palm was soon to follow...but, back to Blackberry, uhm, 'cause that's why we are here...

Because the 10.2xxx OS is still installed, is there a version of the Google Play App store STILL available? I have searched the forums, but seemingly the current version only is supported by the 10.3 update...
    raino likes this.
    07-23-15 12:02 AM
    Not being stand-off-ish... but was trying to get to the heart of your question. BTW, T-mo has not done a universal 10.3.2, roll-out; only the Classic currently has it. The current T-mo OS on their other phones is 10.2. Wifi-calling works on that.
    07-23-15 08:24 AM
    Not being stand-off-ish... but was trying to get to the heart of your question. BTW, T-mo has not done a universal 10.3.2, roll-out; only the Classic currently has it. The current T-mo OS on their other phones is 10.2. Wifi-calling works on that.
    Appreciate the clarification, and yes, I know they haven't rolled it out, visited their website, as well as called, as I remember they offered both the Z10 and Q10,respectively. Depending on who you ask, when you call, one would say they never even heard of the phone in the first place or that there "are plans in the works", but can't quite offer a definitive release date, which leads me to believe that perhaps this something they are working on, but who knows, right? And, yes, I know that's their phones have only 10.2 is latest, again looking at the site (which you have to really dig, by the way)--- I have concluded that that is across the board with all -5 variants, regardless of model, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-23-15 10:38 AM
    The only series 10 BBerry phones that currently get wifi-calling on T-Mo usa are the Z10/100-3 and the Q10/100-5.
    07-23-15 11:23 AM
    I was responding from the native app, and seemingly such isn't an option, hopped on the computer...oh, how it is sooo much easier. :-)
    Ah ok. Sounds like you're talking about CB10, and my experience has been the same as yours--you can't multi-quote in there.

Going back to this WIFI Calling scenario, I read recently an article, unfortunately I am unable to link the article because of forum restriction for new comers, that AT&T was in the works to create a proprietary software that is universal in the since, so when and if such a feature is implementable to their service (2015), you would not be bonded to AT&T (only if that's your carrier of choice) but, whenever WIFI was available, in other words, capability with Sprint,T-Mobile,etc.
    Interesting. Is this what you're talking about, post 3 of 18? https://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Fea...e/td-p/4256298

I would definitely like to see more details of this. Is the plan to open WFC up to any device that supports it (perhaps via a simple IMS availability check?) I'm too entrenched in TMO's trees to see the forest here
    07-23-15 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoATL View Post
    Posted via CB10

Understandable posted:
    Hey Geo ATL! How were you able to get the first 10.3 update you mentioned? Was it OTA (over-the-air)? Autoloader or Sachesi? Or did you just "wait it out"? This is very interesting, as I still have the 10.2XX version, and it continues to state that I have latest update. I also checked before I signed up for service. Please feel free to join in the conversation.

GeoATL:
    I received 10.3.1.1779 OTA (Wi-Fi connected) as I remember. It came several weeks (maybe 2 months ago) after others with Unlocked devices commented that they had received this. I check OTA and BB Link for 10.3.2.xxxx regularly but no sign of it. I am in no hurry since I have concern that Companionlink and DejaHub may not work to sync Act! and other issues may be problem.
    07-23-15 03:10 PM
    Ah ok. Sounds like you're talking about CB10, and my experience has been the same as yours--you can't multi-quote in there.

Interesting. Is this what you're talking about, post 3 of 18?

I would definitely like to see more details of this. Is the plan to open WFC up to any device that supports it (perhaps via a simple IMS availability check?) I'm too entrenched in TMO's trees to see the forest here
    So, I've had to re-write this reply, on the account I'm unable to post or quote post with links in them, given the "newbie" status, grr. But, anyhow yes, what you shared from the AT&T forum, though read something that effect in an article!

Lol, I can understand your loyalty to TMO, no pun intended, I trust they'll return the favor?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoATL View Post
    Posted via CB10

Understandable posted:

GeoATL:
    I received 10.3.1.1779 OTA (Wi-Fi connected) as I remember. It came several weeks (maybe 2 months ago) after others with Unlocked devices commented that they had received this. I check OTA and BB Link for 10.3.2.xxxx regularly but no sign of it. I am in no hurry since I have concern that Companionlink and DejaHub may not work to sync Act! and other issues may be problem.
    Wow, I guess there's really no one-size-fits all solution, when it comes to who, when and why an update is released. While, I'm not familiar with either applications just yet, the new update has proven successful for others, and not so much for the rest. Perhaps, that's to be expected with such, some kinks have to be ironed out, often times on a case by case basis or if enough people ban together voice concerns!
    07-24-15 11:53 AM
    Lol, I can understand your loyalty to TMO, no pun intended, I trust they'll return the favor?
    Oh, I have no loyalty to TMO. I meant to say that I'm ignorant of how other carriers have/plan to implement WFC. I know TMO's system a bit, and that it requires the aforementioned two conditions. But based on how little I know about WFC implementations outside of TMO, I won't rule out a non-proprietary system.

If you don't mind, can you post a link to the article this way: att dot com/deviceunlock? Some way that won't be recognized as a URL and therefore blocked?
    07-24-15 02:02 PM
    Oh, I have no loyalty to TMO. I meant to say that I'm ignorant of how other carriers have/plan to implement WFC. I know TMO's system a bit, and that it requires the aforementioned two conditions. But based on how little I know about WFC implementations outside of TMO, I won't rule out a non-proprietary system.

If you don't mind, can you post a link to the article this way: att dot com/deviceunlock? Some way that won't be recognized as a URL and therefore blocked?
    Okay, gotcha! Lol! And...

Sorry for the delay, oddly enough I've tried that way to no avail, but copy and paste the following in your search engine: Fierce Wireless: At&t still aims to roll out WiFI calling...
    07-28-15 12:02 AM
    Okay, gotcha! Lol! And...

Sorry for the delay, oddly enough I've tried that way to no avail, but copy and paste the following in your search engine: Fierce Wireless: At&t still aims to roll out WiFI calling...
    This one? AT&T still aims to launch Wi-Fi calling in 2015 - FierceWireless

If so, I don't see anything about a platform-agnostic WFC deployment in there, just that they do plan to bring it.
    07-28-15 01:12 PM