BlackBerry Classic. Yes or No ? ( Read On )

Dear BlackBerry,
    First of all I would like to establish that I am a very loyal customer of BlackBerry, so anything that I will say in this letter is because of the personal concerns shared by me and millions of loyal BlackBerry customers.

BlackBerry have launched the new BlackBerry Classic Q20 phone.
    Apart from the reintroduction of the Navigation and Track pad that is above the physical keyboard and slightly bigger size.
    What are the real differences between this new BlackBerry Classic Q20 and the BlackBerry Q10 ?

The main issues and concerns are that BlackBerry have reduced and in fact left out several features on the BlackBerry 10 operating system, for which was available on the BlackBerry 7 operating system, such as on the BlackBerry Bold 9900.
    Some features may not be vital or important, but other features were vital and important and by BlackBerry leaving out these vital features, it beckons the question as to why are BlackBerry limiting the software functions and capabilities of the BlackBerry 10 operating system as to what the BlackBerry 7 operating system has in place.
    Do not misunderstand me in what I am saying, BlackBerry is still the best in what it does and I love the product. And the BlackBerry 10 operating system does have features and functions that the BlackBerry 7 operation system does not have.
    But the whole point of improvement is that BlackBerry keep the best and vital functions that are available on the BlackBerry 7 operating system and actually include those features and functions in to the BlackBerry 10 operating system. That would make sense and move forward.
    There are two vital features and functions that I will now mention that are available on the BlackBerry 7 operating system but was left out of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

Firstly, there is a feature on the BlackBerry 7 operating system, called "SELECT ALL"
    This feature allowed the user to go in to their, photos or pictures or videos or music or documents or phone contacts folders and if the user wished to share all of those items in that particular folder to another phone device with Bluetooth or a computer with Bluetooth, or to delete all of the items in one go within that folder, then the user would not need to manually click on each item within that folder, which is time consuming especially if there may be in excess of one hundred items in each folder or more than one hundred phone contacts within the contacts folder, where the user needs to now manually click on each item using the "Select More" feature that is the available feature on the BlackBerry 10 operating system and is very time consuming.
    But within the BlackBerry 7 operating system there is the feature and function that is called "SELECT ALL"
    This feature allows the user to "select all" of the individual items within the folder of their choice or the phone contacts folder, with just one click and be able to either delete all of these items or to share transfer all of these items to another device or computer that has Bluetooth.
    Can BlackBerry bring this feature to the BlackBerry 10 operating system as an update as soon as possible ?

The next feature and function that was on the BlackBerry 7 operating system but was deliberately not included in the BlackBerry 10 operating system is the >
    Remote Back Up and Remote Restore on the BlackBerry Protect.
    This cloud back up and restore feature was vital and in the history of BlackBerry with Blackberry's advanced encryption and security, this cloud back up and restore feature was always safe and the security and protection of data being backed up and restored to and from Blackberry's cloud has NEVER been compromised or hacked or accessed in any way what so ever by anyone. And this made Blackberry's reputation for security number one and gave the loyal BlackBerry customers even more confidence in the BlackBerry product.
    Now I will go in to detail why it is vital that BlackBerry must include and introduce this feature that is available on the BlackBerry 7 operating system but it is not available on the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
    Firstly, the current BlackBerry protect that is available on the BlackBerry 10, has some lovely fancy features, such as remote locating of the phone and remote wiping of the phone, should it ever be lost or stolen.
    The fact is, this is a good feature, but if the phone was lost forever or indeed stolen, then that's it, the device data is also lost forever and the only data that would be accessible to restore on to a new BlackBerry 10 operating system device, would be what ever the last back up that was available that was made using BlackBerry Link on the computer.
    Now, doing a phone back up on BlackBerry Link on the computer, is all very well and good, but there are many limitations to this.

Firstly,
    if the owner of a BlackBerry 10 operating system device was to be at home or in the office and connect their BlackBerry 10 device to their computer to BlackBerry Link and do a full device Back Up. Then that device is now only Backed Up at that point and is only Backed Up to date at that moment.
    Now imagine after that Back Up was made, the computer in which BlackBerry Link is installed on and the Back Up was made, imagine the situation where that computer broke and all the saved data was lost or destroyed for ever or that computer that had the BlackBerry Link backed up data was stolen and never recovered ? Then everything that was backed up from the BlackBerry 10 operating system device to that particular computer using BlackBerry Link, would now be lost for ever. Which means that the Back Up that was made using BlackBerry Link is pointless in this above situation.

Second Example,
    This next example is even more realistic and is vital in my argument for the Remote Back Up and Remote Restore.
    Imagine for example it is a day that you decide to do a full phone Back Up of your BlackBerry 10 operating system device on your computer using BlackBerry Link. Everything is now Backed Up only on that computer and is only up to date at that moment.
    Then later that day, you need to travel to another town or city or state or country, for what ever reason and you may be away for a day or several days or weeks.
    While you are away, the computer that you used to make the last full Back Up using BlackBerry Link, is at your home or in your office, hundreds or thousands of miles away from where you are with your BlackBerry 10 device.
    While you are away, you input new contact details or new calendar schedule entries or new memo notes or new reminders or all of these above vital entries in to your phone.
    You do this the next day when you leave and then throughout your business or personal vacation, you continue to input vital information in to your BlackBerry 10 operating system device, such as new contacts, new or amended calendar entries, new memos, new tasks. All the vital information that you need stored safely and secure.
    Then your BlackBerry 10 operating system device is either lost or destroyed or stolen. But whichever, it is now gone for ever and all of the NEW vital information that you have in putted in to your BlackBerry 10 operating system device since the last full Back Up that was made using BlackBerry Link on the computer that is hundreds or thousands of miles away, has now been lost for ever.
    What is the point in in putting any new data or information in to your BlackBerry 10 device if a situation as mentioned above was to happen ?
    Where is the benefit of only the BlackBerry Link Back Up in this above situation ?

Now if the device was a BlackBerry 7 operating system device such as the BlackBerry Bold 9900, then if the above situation was to happen, if you was away from your home or office since the last full Back Up of your device was made on a computer.
    If you were hundreds or thousands of miles away and whilst you was away on vacation you need entered new contact details or new memos or new reminders or new calendar entries or amendments in to your BlackBerry 7 device. Then you can immediately after in putting these new items of information and data in to your BlackBerry 7 device, you can do a Remote Back Up to the BlackBerry Cloud using any connected wireless network or your mobile phone network using your data that is on your sim card to do this Remote Back Up.
    Then if after this Remote Back Up was done, if the BlackBerry 7 device was lost or stolen or destroyed, then you could simply go and purchase another BlackBerry 7 operating system device and input your primary email address that was used to register the previous BlackBerry 7 device, in to the new BlackBerry 7 device and then once set up, then open up BlackBerry Protect and click on Restore and select the last saved cloud Back Up and then all of the data that you last Backed Up over BlackBerry Protect Cloud is now installed on to your newly purchased BlackBerry 7 operating system device.
    This was a vital feature for total security and peace of mind of all BlackBerry users.
    All BlackBerry users do NOT want to download any third party application that makes claims to offering this service as any third party application is NOT reliable and NOT safe and NOT secure.
    Only the Remote Back Up and Remote Restore on the BlackBerry cloud that is available on BlackBerry Protect on the BlackBerry 7 operating system, is the only proved secure cloud back up for BlackBerry and actually works precisely and is totally safe and secure.
    So I now ask the question to BlackBerry,

Why is this vital Remote Back Up and Remote Restore feature of BlackBerry Protect that is available on the BlackBerry 7 operating system, is not on the BlackBerry 10 operating system ?

Will BlackBerry please listen to its loyal customers and please introduce the two above mentioned features as an update to the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

These above two mentioned functions and features are vital and it's what millions of loyal BlackBerry customers want installed on their BlackBerry 10 devices.

Thank You.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:45 AM
    send it to Blackberry:
    blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

no one here can help you with this. You need to post it somewhere that BlackBerry will see it.
    12-27-14 03:25 PM
    send it to Blackberry:
    blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

no one here can help you with this. You need to post it somewhere that BlackBerry will see it.
    Jaydee- well thy won't see it there, they shut that site down on the 23rd.

OP, I took me a while to read through your thread, it is very long (especially when reading it on mobile device and site) but it does have valid points.
    Suggestion is to maybe trim the message down and post it to @blackberryhelp on twitter.

Good luck.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1154
    CP D website likes this.
    12-27-14 04:15 PM
    There's another issue with bringing back the full backup features of BlackBerry Protect with BB10 devices: you're looking at backing up 16 or 32 GB with a just device back up. Even at a differential backup that could potentially use a tiered data plan fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, I think we've seen the days of an automated backup solution from BlackBerry have passed us by.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:18 PM