Hi, ive always been a very effective googler and rarely need to actually post technical questions, but this one has me completely stumped.

I work in a call centre so turn phone off completely and put away in my locker while working, but on 2 occasions this week, upon opening my locker my phone appears to suddenly turn on as if activated by the light when the door opens. However, on these occasions the phone was already hot as soon as I pick it up even though it was turned off completely. Also on both occasions there have been updates ready to download once the phone has finished booting, but whatever it was doing to get hot has also drained about 60 percent of the battery while TURNED OFF.

I have all wake on pickup and sleep etc options turned off, so none of this maked any sense, therefore assistance would be appreciated.
    10-06-16 07:12 AM
    Power button's broken? If you're under warranty ya might want to send it in.
    10-06-16 08:15 AM
    Hi, the power button is not the issue as I can successfully turn off the device, but just on these 2 occasions the phone was off UNTIL the moment I opened the locker door, I actually saw it go from off to boot screen within a second of the light hitting it, but on these 2 occasions there have also been updates available for download once it has booted and has been hot.

I understand it is the heat that made you suggest the power button not turning it off, but that is not the case, I have successfully turned it off since this most recent incident without further problems. The only common difference is that updates were ready for download (not downloaded already) when the phone finished booting.
    10-06-16 12:14 PM
    Hi, the power button is not the issue as I can successfully turn off the device, but just on these 2 occasions the phone was off UNTIL the moment I opened the locker door, I actually saw it go from off to boot screen within a second of the light hitting it, but on these 2 occasions there have also been updates available for download once it has booted and has been a hot.

I understand it is the heat that made you suggest the power button not turning it off, but that is not the case, I have successfully turned it off since this most recent incident without further problems. The only common difference is that updates were ready for download (not downloaded already) when the phone finished booting.
    10-06-16 12:15 PM