The Blackberry PRIV is running on Android and had the Blackberry Hub (no plus sign) pre-installed. Since the last update the BB Hub cannot be used anymore, instead a modal screen informs the user that he has to update to the new BB Hub+ in order to continue using the Hub.

Does it mean that BB PRIV users now have to pay to use an application they got for free when they bought the device.

Is there a way to stick to the old BB Hub on the BB PRIV ?
    02-09-17 03:09 AM
    It works for me. Maybe you need to update Blackberry Hub+ Services. Blackberry hub cannnot work without it AFAIK.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 03:49 AM
    Mine works just fine. I'm not paying.
    02-09-17 04:07 AM
    i concur with everyone else.

I just checked for updates in the play store, there was one for the hub, i updated, still works just fine.

If you're still having trouble, im sure one of us can provide you with the APK
    02-09-17 06:43 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to start charging for the Hub or other apps on BlackBerry branded devices. Seems like there may be an issue on your end.
    02-09-17 08:49 AM
    The Blackberry PRIV is running on Android and had the Blackberry Hub (no plus sign) pre-installed. Since the last update the BB Hub cannot be used anymore, instead a modal screen informs the user that he has to update to the new BB Hub+ in order to continue using the Hub.

Does it mean that BB PRIV users now have to pay to use an application they got for free when they bought the device.

Is there a way to stick to the old BB Hub on the BB PRIV ?
    You may be confused. Check for updates in Google play as it likely means you hub+ services app needs to be updated (this is why i think they should have kept the name BlackBerry services to avoid confusion). This is the app that is required to run all the BlackBerry services. If you are on an older version, Apps may not run properly.
    02-09-17 09:57 AM