Sorry it has been discussed earlier in the forums but I haven't found any solution yet. I have recently purchase Blackberry Priv At&T unlocked (STV 100-1) from ebay and using it on airtel india on Marshamallow. All BB and Google Apps updated.

I have tweaked every possible setting like turned off auto sync, disabled battery edge , productivity tab, sound notifications, network is always on 2g while I am not using data, location is always off, all google apps and BlackBerry apps are updated and apps which I use, brightness is always dim, disabled wifi scanning, flip to sleep is turned on I have done every possible setting on the net to get more juice.

Have also installed greenify, clean master.

When playing even light games as low as 14 mb in size my priv gets too hot may burn my hand same with other apps except whatsapp and fb.
    Have disabled some in built apps that are useless. I don't think that is the problem coz have enabled them too and seen the results the problem remains.

Now the battery drain at 11:45 am it was fully charged and at 5:30 pm it was at 46%

No heavy usage done in this time listened to music for like an hour made 3 phone calls short and turned on data for 10 mins, location was on for 3-4 mins.

At max I can only get only 8 hours of battery from my priv and when using wifi it gives 6:30 hours to get from 100 to 15% that is unacceptable my z10 used to give me 10 hours of battery life even with auto syncing was on didn't have to tweak it much.

When buying it I thought it will last more than a day coz other phones with this size of battery do last more than a day.
    And BlackBerry says it last for 22.5hours with moderate usage.

Help guys if there is any solution.
    Last edited by iamomkar; 11-11-16 at 10:55 AM.
    11-11-16 09:22 AM
    Omkar , Please check if your device has the latest update .
    11-11-16 10:14 AM
    Hi there,

Try looking at the OS, you need the Marshmallow version.

Look also at the battery usage graph several times each day and see what things are being bad. Remove them or disable them.

Use the battery right up to 5% remaining before you charge it again.
    11-11-16 10:20 AM
    Sorry it has been discussed earlier in the forums but I haven't found any solution yet. I have recently purchase Blackberry Priv At&T unlocked (STV 100-1) from ebay and using it on airtel india.

I have tweaked every possible setting like turned off auto sync, disabled battery edge , productivity tab, sound notifications, network is always on 2g while I am not using data, location is always off, all google apps and BlackBerry apps are updated and apps which I use, brightness is always dim, disabled wifi scanning, flip to sleep is turned on I have done every possible setting on the net to get more juice.

Have also installed greenify, clean master.

When playing even light games as low as 14 mb in size my priv gets too hot may burn my hand same with other apps except whatsapp and fb.
    Have disabled some in built apps that are useless. I don't think that is the problem coz have enabled them too and seen the results the problem remains.

Now the battery drain at 11:45 am it was fully charged and at 5:30 pm it was at 46%

No heavy usage done in this time listened to music for like an hour made 3 phone calls short and turned on data for 10 mins, location was on for 3-4 mins.

At max I can only get only 8 hours of battery from my priv and when using wifi it gives 6:30 hours to get from 100 to 15% that is unacceptable my z10 used to give me 10 hours of battery life even with auto syncing was on didn't have to tweak it much.

When buying it I thought it will last more than a day coz other phones with this size of battery do last more than a day.
    And BlackBerry says it last for 22.5hours with moderate usage.

Help guys if there is any solution.
    Dump Cleanmaster, possibly Greenify as well. Nothing wrong with it per se, withiut root I don't notice it being very beneficial; but Cleanmaster is usually busy in the background checking in with its parent company. This makes your device work harder.
    11-11-16 10:28 AM
    Dump Cleanmaster, possibly Greenify as well. Nothing wrong with it per se, withiut root I don't notice it being very beneficial; but Cleanmaster is usually busy in the background checking in with its parent company. This makes your device work harder.
    What should i do? even with 70% battery backup is just 8hrs
    please help me
    11-11-16 11:11 AM
    Hi there,

Try looking at the OS, you need the Marshmallow version.

Look also at the battery usage graph several times each day and see what things are being bad. Remove them or disable them.

Well the Screen drains most of the battery as per battery low monitor.
    I have adjusted the screen brightness as well and adaptive brightness is also off.
    Even at 67% approx. 8hrs of battey usage is left
    11-11-16 11:12 AM
    Omkar , Please check if your device has the latest update .
    Yes sir i have the latest MM November update.
    11-11-16 11:14 AM
    Yes sir i have the latest MM November update.
    If you haven't performed a factory reset, I highly recommend it. Make sure your user data is backed up first and you have a little time, and uninstall Cleanmaster and Greenify before you do so. Don't put them back on afterwards.
    11-11-16 12:41 PM
    Don't do this, it wears down the battery and will shorten its lifespan and duration. Always charge whenever possible, even if it hasn't been long off the charger.
    11-11-16 12:44 PM
    Don't do this, it wears down the battery and will shorten its lifespan and duration. Always charge whenever possible, even if it hasn't been long off the charger.
    I kinda agree. Most official sources seem to agree that both a lot of discharging, and a lot of charging are not good for lithium ion batterys like the Priv's. I guess it's down to the individual to decide on what is the right balance for them. Using the battery to it's full potential and not charging so often might be more convenient but it's not good for it long term. And continually putting the device on and off and on and off charge might keep the device topped up but also it can be inconvenient and charging causes heat, which is not good either. The best place for the average user seems to be somewhere in the middle, although it looks like the OP is not experiencing what the average user would experience :-)
    11-14-16 03:20 AM
    I kinda agree. Most official sources seem to agree that both a lot of discharging, and a lot of charging are not good for lithium ion batterys like the Priv's. I guess it's down to the individual to decide on what is the right balance for them. Using the battery to it's full potential and not charging so often might be more convenient but it's not good for it long term. And continually putting the device on and off and on and off charge might keep the device topped up but also it can be inconvenient and charging causes heat, which is not good either. The best place for the average user seems to be somewhere in the middle, although it looks like the OP is not experiencing what the average user would experience :-)
    11-14-16 03:21 AM
    Mines been getting hot since purchase I've tried an exchange, factory reset everything. Hope it's a software problem that will be fixed
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Priv heating issue and Battery drain-7837.jpg  
    11-14-16 08:00 AM
    Mines been getting hot since purchase I've tried an exchange, factory reset everything. Hope it's a software problem that will be fixed
    Try Factory Reset without using old backup. I even switched to 3G/4G and let me tell you my battery life is way better.
    11-22-16 04:25 AM
    If you haven't performed a factory reset, I highly recommend it. Make sure your user data is backed up first and you have a little time, and uninstall Cleanmaster and Greenify before you do so. Don't put them back on afterwards.
    I did it for the 2nd time without using old back-up and it's battery is better than earlier. Maybe Blackberry will fix as this might be a software issue.
    Anyways thanks you!
    11-22-16 04:31 AM